How Many 240z & 260z Are Left

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Was wandering how many 240z's there are in the uk, I have heard figures ranging from 100 to 200 in the past but do these figures include the ones that seem to appear from nowhere ? Would be great to know how many there are in the country, it would also be very interesting to learn how many still exist world wide !!! Also does anyone know how many 260z 2 seaters are left in the uk ? oh & go on then while we are at it figures for the now ultra rare 2+2 260z :D. Am I right in thinking the 260 2 seater is the thinest on the ground now ?
Any info on the above would be great. Thanks.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
More interesting is to know how many 240Zs have been imported and deduct that figure from the total left to see REALLY how many genuine UK cars remain !!!

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
How many are left original and untampered with :smash:

Everyone likes a fiddle ;)

They've all been fiddled and tampered with - there isn't one completely standard in original condition 240Z in the British Isles and Ireland.

There however restored cars kept or put back into original condition of which I'd say there remain less than 10 'cos I can count 5 off the top of my head.

There many more over here for various reasons.

Bantambunny

Well-Known Forum User
I was up there last week and he's got another one coming to him, i wish he'd just finish off his z32! :D lol

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
my last 3 cars have been imports as most english Z's in very good condition are very rare !!!!!! and do not come up for sale very often

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
How many 240's are actually in the uk that we know of please, someone must know surely. I know the world wide total was abit of a tall order, it would be very interesting to know the answer to that one.

Zed-the-red

Well-Known Forum User
The 240Z car I bought from ebay.. the blue one. Besides having lots of welding done in the past which is to be expected in a car of the 70's. Is quite standard as far as I can see. Its a genuine UK car. I dont think there can be many around. I have not seen one on the road in sheffield.. am I the only one in Sheffield? ..Am I alone.. Any Sheffield Z's out there?

I found more holes today.. no doubt I will find more later.

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
How many 240's are actually in the uk that we know of please, someone must know surely. I know the world wide total was abit of a tall order, it would be very interesting to know the answer to that one.

No Gwyn there is no "someone" with a definitive answer.. Never has been and there never will be.
We only have estimates and guesstimates.
The only thing we do know with any certainty is the fact that they are rare.

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
The DVLA must know how many are taxed and how many are SORNED
they may well know but they wont tell you and me.
plus there are cars that are not registered at all.
plus cars that are useable but have been off the road from before SORN began.
then there will be cars that are shown as registeded but have subsequently been scrapped..
etc etc.

My best guesstimate is a figure below 200. thats all 240Zs here in the UK. Taxed, sorned, and unregistered.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
And I reckon there are between 100 and 200 cars in similar states over here with perhaps less than 100-150 on the roads. Note that there were half as many 240Zs imported in France 800+so abigger percentage of cars have survived and this effect is repeated up until at least the 280ZX (no 260Z 2 seaters officially imported into France).

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
So, take those +/- 200 UK 240Zs and subtract the quantity of imported 240Zs and be alarmed at how many orginal UK cars are left.......and left on the road atm.

Mr.F

Inactive
The last official figure we had was about 160 240Zs either taxed or SORN'd. The number had been growing by a few a year as imports resurrected otherwise dead shells...

260Zs probably less than this now.

280ZXs probably down to the last 20 or so...:devil: :eek: