Hi

John Dixon

Well-Known Forum User
Just thought I'd say hello, as I'm about to join the club properly after meeting some of you at the RWYB recently.
Got a SWB Z32 with a few mods.
Hopefully be doing some of the events next year too.

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Hi there John

Welcome to the mad house
I was at the RWYB in the blue 240Z that stalled on the line -- Dohhh!

zbloke

Club Member
Welcome to the Forum John

Stalled on the line Mr Kiddell, we'll have to get pmac to give you some lessons, ;)

Tim

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Yes mate, I made a prat out of myself -- stalled on the line, me with my 2.8 and triple whatnots was soundly and utterly destroyed by Mr MaximG in his stock motor oh how I larfed -- not......and the best was when I went back to Mr F (Uber drag meister himself) I swear I saw that "Why do I bother" look in his eyes, you know, the one that teachers spend years perfecting. Still I vindicated myself later by soundly beating a Peugeot 205 (driven by a rather nice female).

zbloke

Club Member
Congrats on whooping the 205, I'm sure when I get round to doing my first 240Z drag launch it will cause much shaking of heads and tut tuting from all that are unlucky enough to witness it

Tim

John Dixon

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks Gio!!
I'd just like to point out to those who don't know me that there really is no bling on my car. Honestly :rolleyes:
Now if we could get Vinz to join up ...

Gio

Well-Known Forum User
Originally posted by John Dixon
Thanks Gio!!
I'd just like to point out to those who don't know me that there really is no bling on my car. Honestly :rolleyes:
Now if we could get Vinz to join up ...

Well this is supposed to be the club stuffed full of elderly beardies :D :D
(and it is bling!)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Welcome John, get stuck in and exchange ideas, feelings etc - don't be shy and not too senstive either !

Russ

Club Member
Hi John, glad to see more candidates for the Z drag stuff, I'm sure Mr.F is (legend).

Skiddell: time for an automatic is it? :p

We all do it though, I went to pull away from a roundabout sharpish the other day on the bike and it was

4000rpm launch so its....

wheely, clutch in, hit the deck, revs rising (because I hadn't throttled off and wanted to GO GO GO), clutch out to stop the bike howling, wheely, and repeat about 4 or 5 times, I looked a complete knob jock as well :)