Hey Guys! 240Z wanted and see my 2+2

s2k_adz

Club Member
Hello there,

I am not a newbie to the forum, done quite a bit of snooping around and last week I parted with some money and ended up with a pretty solid 260Z 2+2 shell that I am looking to do a full restoration on!

I really don't know too much about the 2+2 and it was in the ad as a 260Z, but as I'd driven nearly the length of the country to buy it I had it anyway. It was an absolute nightmare journey which took around 10 hours and after being really downhearted that the car wasn't what I really wanted I got about 3 miles from my unit at 11pm, missed the sign for a humpback bridge which I went over way to fast and the 260 jumped off the trailer and forward into the back of my tow car balancing itself nicely on the jockey wheel of the trailer.

Took me and my farther who was ecstatic at being woken up at 11pm to come and help me pull a car back onto a trailer. 2 hours to get it back on with various jacks and a Suzuki Ignis. Its funny now I look back but wasn't at the time!!!

Anyways.....

I'm still not sure what to do as I would much prefer a two seater, so I am still open minded to finding a good 2 seater shell (240 or 260).

Anyway, what do you guys think?

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0544.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.G

Club Member
I think she looks good and if she is solid underneath you'll have less work. It should be a nice project but if you have your heart set for a 2 seater sell her and bide your time until the right one comes up.

Wyn

Club Member
Im still not sure what to do as I would much prefer a two seater, so I am still open minded to finding a good 2 seater shell (240 or 260).
Anyway, what do you guys think?

As said sell it if your heart isn't in it

racer

Club Member
I think you should have both! The 2+2 for taking out the family and a 2 seater for the track :D

slaphead

Club Member
Looks pretty tidy to me

The panel lines don't look distorted in the photos (by plod) so fingers crossed for you chap

s2k_adz

Club Member
Thanks guys! :) Nice to find people on the site just as optimistic as I am! :p Unfortunately Racer, I can only afford the one :( One project this big is definately enough!

The shell really is a solid one I believe - I stripped it out completely yesterday and it has been patched quite a bit but its still solid.

The more I look though, the more I really am after a 2 seater. Im just not sure how easy this will sell, I know the guy I bought it off had it for months!

Are the 2+2 much less desirable?

s2k_adz

Club Member
Here are some photos of when I got it back to the garage and stripped it. What do you guys think of the floor pan etc?

DSC_0560.jpg

DSC_0543.jpg

DSC_0548.jpg

Wes

Well-Known Forum User
Just FYI, I broke my 260Z with the hopes of using quite a bit in a 240Z shell I bought. Very Very little was transferable.

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Here are some photos of when I got it back to the garage and stripped it. What do you guys think of the floor pan etc?

DSC_0560.jpg

DSC_0543.jpg

DSC_0548.jpg

The floorpans are typical of work done in the past on many many UK Zeds. Patches... and then more patches.
It was described as "restoration" in its day.

Are the 2+2 much less desirable?
The answer to that question can be found by doing some research in to the selling prices of the three UK models. 240Z. 260Z and 260Z 2+2.

racer

Club Member
Nice S2000! Thinking about one of those myself.

2+2's with big arches look really good.
A 260/240 2 seater shell will be quite a bit more money, so depends on your budget.

andrew muir

Club Member
Are the 2+2 much less desirable?[/quote]

In the UK yes they are less desirable.
In countries such as Australia they are valued the same.

I love mine though (the ugly old tart)!!:)

s2k_adz

Club Member
Thanks for all your help guys!

I defininately think I overpaid for the car looking at prices. Is there much off the shell that is of value if I were to break it?

I believe the 260Z hubs etc are more desirable to 240Z owners. The dash is cracked so that isnt worth much.

s2k_adz

Club Member
Also thanks Racer - The S2000 has been a car I have had a long affair with! Ive had 5 of them over the years! I am really thinking about selling this one at the mo if you are interested. Its probably the best condition one I have ever had and is the rarest UK colour I believe :)

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
I think if it is a two seater you really want you should try and get one and sell this shell on. If you are going to have to put a lot of work into it, you need to be sure that when finished it will be something you are absolutely thrilled with. Good luck whatever you decide!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
It looks like a Stealth Bomber ;)

To add my opinion - the work involved in making this car something to be proud off will not be worth the time and expense, especially as you already have doubts about your 'love' for it. Wait 'till you are halfway through and fed up.

However the shell may be useful to someone who needs to re-shell a 2+2 either due to accident damage or terminal rust. I've seen a lot worse, but only going from your pictures of course.

s2k_adz

Club Member
Hey guys!

Well, after a load of messing about and driving all over the country, I have managed to pick up a very workable 260Z 2 seater and I have inherited Russels dissolving 240Z for parts to try and get my money back on the 2+2!

So here are some photos. The floorpan seems very solid bar a small section on the drivers side. The arches are gone and the rear tailgate slam panel has seen better days.

2012-10-13102955_zps32f64176.jpg

DSC_1117.jpg

DSC_1123_zps38929a9c.jpg

I also, like I have said have inherited the disolving 1971 240Z!

I was wondering if anyone needed parts! I will get a for sale thread up if I am allowed!

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

IMAG0029.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Also, is there any way on the forum to edit your previous posts or the thread title?

Thanks guys! :)

The only way a thread title can be edited is by an admin let me know what you want it to be edited to and will do it for you
you should be able to edit your own posts as far as I can remember if not let me know and will check it out for you as well

Also you for Sale classified has been approved as per the pm I sent you

racer

Club Member
Now that's a better car to start with. I see it's got some American indicators, there the ones to have.

s2k_adz

Club Member
I am very happy with it overall! Cant wait to get this 240 shell gone so I can crack on with it! Only real problem area rust is under the windscreen from what I can see!