Hello

i16v

Forum User
Hi guys. I've always been a fan of old Datsuns and I've finally decided to take the plunge and buy one. It's just finding the right car...

I've been into my french hot hatches for many years, specifically the 205 GTi of which I have 3 of. I ended up moving to Vancouver for a couple of years and bought a 86' Z31 300zx turbo as a daily which was great, although a little unreliable. This has given me the old skool Jap bug it seems.

photo%203_zpsntvqnite.jpg

DSC_2818_zpsuclwfjny.jpg

Now that I'm back in the UK finding a solid z31 are few and far between it seems so I'd like to get hold of a 240/260 ideally RHD as a resto mod, maybe go down the RB route. A rolling shell would be ideal as I will be completely rebuilding the car.

The forum seems great with some inspritational projects on the go. I have plenty of questions about buying a 240/260 so hopefully you guys can help. RHDvsLHD, 240,260 or 280 shell? etc

cheers, James

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
You'll find it easier finding a Z31 RHD car without rot than you will an S30...

Plenty of people here to help!

Very few RHD cars around now that aren't serious projects or completed restorations.

Good luck in your search.

Dan

uk66fastback

Club Member
I had three 1.9 GTi Pugs on the trot back in the day and they are a fantastic car (still pretty quick now as well).

J108 SAN lives on somewhere, the other two are now razor blades.

The number of RHD ones are disappearing downhill fast as projects with the process going in the other direction. 260z on ebay currently nearly at five figures. And it still needs a massive amount of work.

You sure you wouldn't fancy a LHD and then convert maybe?

i16v

Forum User
I am up for converting, I see in another topic RHD bulkheads might be on the cards. I don't know what its like in terms of getting all the relevant parts like dashboard, rack etc. I've been keeping an eye on ebay and money wise LHD is certainly the cheaper option.

I guess it's just trying to find a solid shell 240 or 260. I may look into importing as there seems a much bigger market over in the US. There seems to be a couple of UK traders on ebay that import.