Hello!

Getnjgywitit

Forum User
How is everyone doing!? I'm Mike and I'm a Z-aholic! Well actually not quite yet. I'm working on it. I've wanted one for about 5 years since a buddy of mine picked up a 1967 Porsche 912 that he has since turned into a 300hp go kart. Complete with a supercharged Subaru motor. Knowing I could never afford a build like that, my heart quickly thumped for the 240z. Maybe someday it will have a motor that can keep up with his Porsche, but for now, I'll be happy with a car that can keep up with him or even get ahead of him in the corners.

I road raced motorcycles for years and love being at the track and in the canyons. My wife is not a fan of me being on two wheels. After a trip to Italy and flogging a new Fiat 500 through the hills of Tuscany with my wife grabbing onto anything she could get her hands on, she could not stop smiling. She gave me the go to get the car I'd been talking about since the day we met.

I got my hands on a 1971 240z. Good news is that it appears to be in ok shape! Bad news is that it drives and handles like a wet noodle. With the help of all the knowledge here, I hope to make that change!

Looking forward to learning as much as possible about these cars and getting back to the track!

johnymd

Club Member
Welcome Mike.

"Handles like a wet noodle" is a pretty good description of how ageing US 240z's can feel. They usually don't need an awful lot to get them handling better though. I'd replace all the bushes(there aren't that many and all pretty easy to do) along with rack mounts, steering coupler, ball joints and track rod ends. Eibach springs to drop the car a bit and replace the dampers. Even the cheapest dampers will feel loads better than old worn one's. Then just drive and have fun.