Hello from a not so new member...

Tommi

Club Member
Hi.

I have been a member of the Zclub for a couple of years now and like to read the posts and see what is happening in the world of Z's. So this is my belated introduction.

I bought my 240Z in August 2014 after several years of convincing a friend of mine that they didn't need it as much as I did. It is one of those cars that I have just always wanted and was absolutely thrilled when he agreed to sell it to me. I had a definite vision of what I wanted from the beginning but had no idea that it would turn into the obsession that it has....three years on and just a bare shell (and a fair collection of goodies). My plans for the car are to build it into a race car and really go into the fine details like a proper 'factory' race car and make as much stuff in house as I can. I am about halfway through the roll cage and strengthening work. The engine turned up in January (just a shame I can't see me firing it up for a while yet). The parts are coming together but i feel it is still a long way off. It has definitely turned into a big project but I am loving doing it. I hope to get to some shows in future and will hopefully get a chance to meet a few people from here.

Cheers
Tom

Tommi

Club Member
Thanks. I will try and put some pictures up this week. Not a great deal to see really, part of the reason i haven't posted anything yet i guess.I am trying to get a blog together for the build and pictures so I will probably put up a link to that when it is sorted, so if anyone is interested they can see what I'm up too.

Tom

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hi Tommi, perhaps you should consider going to the Oulton Park Gold Cup at the end of the month (on the Bank Holiday Sunday). I think Charles Barter will be racing his 240Z but I need to confirm that.

Tommi

Club Member
Thanks Rob. I might check that out. I am going to retro rides at shelsley Walsh on the 20th, I believe ben240z is doing the hill climb. I missed seeing his car not so long ago at Abingdon which is only three miles from me. There should be plenty of other good cars there too.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Thanks Rob. I might check that out. I am going to retro rides at shelsley Walsh on the 20th, I believe ben240z is doing the hill climb. I missed seeing his car not so long ago at Abingdon which is only three miles from me. There should be plenty of other good cars there too.

I was hoping to go to Shelsley, been a few times including a vintage meet with my Dad at least 50 years ago! Unfortunately my daughter has a curtain pole fitting job on 20th in her house in Chesterfield, it's quite tricky (bay window) so I need to help. I used to do trackdays in my old so I'm interested in your build.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I bought my 240Z in August 2014 .....My plans for the car are to build it into a race car and really go into the fine details like a proper 'factory' race car and make as much stuff in house as I can. I am about halfway through the roll cage and strengthening work. The engine turned up in January (just a shame I can't see me firing it up for a while yet).

Hi, welcome and bravo for having joined !

Can you explain more your plan to build a "proper factory race car" please ?

I'm intrigued.:eek:

Cheers,

Sean

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member

Get some photos coverage if your off to see ben in the zed and any other zed cars u see :) please

Tommi

Club Member
Hi, welcome and bravo for having joined !

Can you explain more your plan to build a "proper factory race car" please ?

I'm intrigued.:eek:

Cheers,

Sean

Thanks Sean,

by 'proper factory race car' I'm not referring to anything that has been done by Nissan in the past. I simply mean that I would like to build it as if Nissan/Nismo had to produce a race car from a 240Z today. So keeping a period correct (ish) engine and without drastically changing the original silhouette of the car. Kind of like GT3/GT4 cars. I plan to make as many parts as i can 'in house' so the car has that factory/works harmonious look to it. An ambitious task i know but it is moving forward slowly.

Cheers
Tom