Has anyone got really wide 15" tyres?

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Even the american Libre wheels seem to be a not to distant copy.

It always seems to me that Mother Nature usually got there first. However, the Brabham 'Wobbly' design appears to pre-date the American Racing 'Libre' by quite a few years:

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
I'd like the Advan hf type D, although still not in europe.

Apparently they might be considering selling a few over here later this year. Don't know whether they will go for full Type Approval for Europe though.

In a Post-Brexit UK, maybe it won't matter....?!

Apparently they might be considering selling a few over here later this year. Don't know whether they will go for full Type Approval for Europe though.

In a Post-Brexit UK, maybe it won't matter....?!

My company is providing host coverage for the rugby world cup in Japan, which would be an ideal time to get some stuff moved cheaply. However its not my client so i'm not sure if I could make it work.

Ref the wheels, its amazing that they got it so right, straight out of the box.

The Advan's are only about £100 each in Japan.

I can't work out if I should go for

185/60/14 (nanking ns2r's)
195/60/14 (sportrac 5's)
195/65/14
185/70/14.

I think the latter might be a touch too much rubber.

datsfun

Club Member
So my guess on the width was too shabby :)

Franky, I remember a discussion sometime back about these Advan's and the fact that they aren't type approved in UK (EU)?

I can see the attraction in that they "look period" but would you want to take the risk ?

This is all on the basis that the aforementioned tyres are not approved for UK road use ( as far as I know).

So my guess on the width was too shabby :)

Franky, I remember a discussion sometime back about these Advan's and the fact that they aren't type approved in UK (EU)?

I can see the attraction in that they "look period" but would you want to take the risk ?

This is all on the basis that the aforementioned tyres are not approved for UK road use ( as far as I know).

I wouldn't really worry to be honest. It'd be nice to have something that worked well and looked well.

If you had an accident with them, they'd have to prove that the tyres were a factor, given that they're road approved in lots of parts of the world, I can't see the issue. Its probably more to do with our stupid european ruling on how they have to label tyres now days.

Its not too bad though as there are some good road, though to track options for my wheels.

bluejon

Club Member
My company is providing host coverage for the rugby world cup in Japan, which would be an ideal time to get some stuff moved cheaply. However its not my client so i'm not sure if I could make it work.

Ref the wheels, its amazing that they got it so right, straight out of the box.

The Advan's are only about £100 each in Japan.

I can't work out if I should go for

185/60/14 (nanking ns2r's)

195/60/14 (sportrac 5's)

195/65/14

185/70/14.

I think the latter might be a touch too much rubber.

The correct size on a 14 wheel is 195 70. I currently have 195 60 fitted and for me the wheels look a bit small. I'm about to tease up in size to 195 70 or wider (7 inch rims). I'll then have a pair of near new Yokohama C Drive 195 60s you could have

The correct size on a 14 wheel is 195 70. I currently have 195 60 fitted and for me the wheels look a bit small. I'm about to tease up in size to 195 70 or wider (7 inch rims). I'll then have a pair of near new Yokohama C Drive 195 60s you could have

you mean you're going up in size from 14"?

Edit, I see you mean higher profile? Have you a pic of how your wheels look at the minute?

My wheels are 14x7

toopy

Club Member
you mean you're going up in size from 14"?

Edit, I see you mean higher profile? Have you a pic of how your wheels look at the minute?

My wheels are 14x7

I have 14" 6.5j wheels on the front of my car with 205 60/14 tyres, but the tyres look a bit small and even with lowered suspension, theyre not 'quite right'!
Should be 205 65/14 really to be closer to the correct rolling radius, of what i believe to be the standard 260 size of 195 70/14

Rears are 225 60/14

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1429.JPG
    IMG_1429.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 38
Last edited by a moderator: