Handbrake assembly

Linguo

Forum User
I recently parked my 73' 240Z and when pulling the handbrake, heard a loud snap. At first I thought it was the cable, but after reviewing the entire assembly, I discovered that it was actually a bolt connecting the cable to the rest of the assembly. I have been searching junkyards and every parts resaler and manufacturer to find either the bolt or an assembly. Thus far, I have managed to find Black Dragon Automotive with the majority of an assembly, but never having the bolt in stock.

I'm curious if anyone might know where I could come across such a bolt, find/make a replacement, or where to find an entire assembly. I figure if parts are already snapping from rust, I should look into replacing the whole thing. I haven't uninstalled all of it yet to closely inspect it, but I have a suspicion that it's not in much better shape.

Linguo

Forum User
I checked with Z Car Source and although I missed the part when searching before, I managed to find the entire emergency brake linkage assembly available through them. It was all fairly priced at around $37. The clevis itself was around $5 from Nissan for the OEM part, however they have obviously discontinued production. Even after calling all over the country for the clevis and hand-brake bolt, I found that nearly no one carries those parts individually or as a set. I'm still waiting on the parts to arrive, but from what I understand, it should include everything between the lever and brake cables. I will post more details when it arrives in case anyone is wondering.

Thanks to Morbias for the tip. I COMPLETELY missed that and spent almost a year searching all over the country when it was right under my nose.

Linguo

Forum User
I got the linkage in the mail and the assembly includes everything from beneath the hand brake itself to the clevis before the cable. It does NOT, however, include the bolt or (what looks to be) a clevis pin that connects the clevis to the cable. Still no luck finding the part. I might just start searching Lowes and see if I can't makeshift something. Otherwise, it looks like I may have to look into retrofitting a whole new system.

Mr.F

Inactive
Is the bolt you are looking for 36217-E4100? If so, I have 12 in stock!
Or the rod / clevis 36541-E4101? 3 in stock.
Clevis pin 36546-E4100? 1 in stock.

Linguo

Forum User
That is EXACTLY what I'm looking for! I need the bolt, but do you also have 36519-E4100? I looked it up and it's actually a trunnion pin. The illustration made it look like a clevis pin.

Mr.F

Inactive
Let me check out the other pin in the morning. I'll work out a PayPal invoice for you after that.
Regards
Mike at MJP