Green 280z on eBay | The Z Club of Great Britain

Green 280z on eBay

Discussion in 'Classifieds discussion' started by Mr Tenno, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Mr Tenno

Mr Tenno
    Staff Member

2. jonbills

Z Club Member

Agree - but didn’t show up in my followed searches. Datsuin isn’t one of my guessed miss-spellings!
  3. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Membership Secretary

I contacted the seller about the car when it was at about £1k (yes I know it wouldn't sell for that). I asked if it had had a front end 'shunt' because both wings are creased, he said 'not that I'm aware of' and it has lots of dents.

It may have been lifted by the wings but needed inspection.

There are a few 280Zs that are not selling.

This car IMO should have been sold to the highest bidder.
  4. Mr Tenno

Mr Tenno
    Staff Member

Yeah I did wonder about that, odd that the bonnet seemed ok - it's like it tried to drive into somewhere that was too narrow for it.
  5. moggy240

I asked a similar question about the damaged wings as well ,I was nearly tempted to have a look but I was not convinced enough that it would have been worth the effort .
  6. richiep

Z Club Member

Considering a couple of 280zs in better condition sold for £3950 and £4350 in recent weeks (one to Chappers on here), that car’s reserve should’ve been a lot lower. If the seller is benchmarking value off those SJ Classics cars that have been languishing unsold for months, he needs to have a rethink.
  7. Mr Tenno

Mr Tenno
    Staff Member

Those do sound more reasonable. For me it was just the colour swaying it :D
  8. johnymd

johnymd Active Forum User

With so few photos of this car and none showing the important areas, it's impossible to know what its worth without looking at it. The front wings and rear quarter damage will certainly need looking into. With the price of 280/260's in the US, it would be hard to import a good solid one for under 5k so any similar car in the UK for under this is a bargain..........unless it has rust.