Goodbye - and thanks for all the fish !

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Well - you've got your freedom now - what're you going to do with it ?

Scotland wants to be in the EU, Northern Ireland too and now with calls for (justified) unification with the Republic of Ireland...all that royalty fought for to unite the UK is going backwards - the country is becomming smaller.

And I still don't know (nobody mentions it) what you're going to do with all the EU (not refugees) working residents, apparently +100,000 are working within the NHS - if they're forced to elave tomorrow - the system will malfunction and will all the 50-somethings take ove their jobs....?

The young and educated want to stay within the EU.....will they stay and take over all the EUpassport holder's jobs ? Will the unemployed ?

I think that Britain has turned its back upon its people and the message today should be towards your own elected politicians to buck up and get back to the people, not the rich but the majority who simply want to bring up their kids in a safe environment.

Europe and the immigrants haven't effed up in the UK - those governing have and have blamed everyone else !

My parents and I weren't allowed to vote because we left the UK +15 years agao BUT we're still affected :

me resident and working here'll have to become a French citizen

my parents (retired) will no longer be covered by the two-way healthcare system - they won't be able to afford full private cover on their pensions unless the £ soars massively in value

and however they voted, the exchange bureaus had queues of Brits this week buying foregign currency for their holidays - not exactly a vote of confidence for the £s strength after the vote....:eek:

Good luck chaps.

Attachments

• Brexit vote761.jpg
    Brexit vote761.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 23

johnymd

Club Member
I'm getting really worried now. When I get back to the UK next week will there still be electricity and running water? What about the transport systems? Will they still operate? I'm guessing there will be a food shortage and rationing will be in force so I'm bring back those big toblorones to keep me going untill things return to normal.

Mark my words..... ITS THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
.... ITS THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT.

Not OUR world over here* but I do feel that England and Wales for consistently's sake should forfeit their Euro 2016 entries :

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/news/newsid=2317361.html

The expression 'cake and eat it' springs to mind :rolleyes: !

*and we will be closing the UK passport, border and security controls at all Channel ports - you can deal with the trash your side instead of on our doorstep.;)

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
IMHO it is a shame that the 50year old and older aged generation seem to totally disregard the views of the younger generation using the excuse that you are all to young to know about things when they themselves do not show that they have a great understanding of what the future lifeblood of this country seems to want

Again to me it seems to be the old fogies think that young whippersnappers (ie under the age of 50) have no experience of life,fiances and the well being of others

Oh by the way I am proud to be one of the 39% group who is on your wave length

Go you youngsters and SHOUT LOUD and make sure you get the best deal for your future

Stand up and make yourselves heard and at least make the powers that be listen to you for after all it is your generations this will effect most over in the years to come

attachment.php

Attachments

• HOW YOUGERS FELT.jpg
    HOW YOUGERS FELT.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 220

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Now there you go - I AM surprised Steve, pleasantly !:bow:

I thought that you very very pro-British and therefore anti-Europe - the proof that one support both at the same time AND be a patriot.:thumbs:

True theough - it's the younger generation that have to deal with any and all issues resulting from this vote......and they didn't ask for it !

240carsten

Well-Known Forum User
Cool, more parts for the Z from Sean as all the UK buyers will have to start paying import duty on parts

bluejon

Club Member
This is plain nonsense. It isn't only the young who have to 'deal' with everything.

And the young have had an equal vote with everyone else, more equal than any vote in recent decades. They still have their own future and more opportunities to influence and vote on 'big things' in that future. Since when does did a society put its entire feelings and sentiment aside for the sake of a 10-year demographic in that society.

I think it is time our schools teach more economics .. few seem to have an understanding of what the EU is doing. You don't vote remain just because its nice to be nice to neighbours and you can all get along and have a chat together like it is an extended family of your social media life. The EU is economically dysfunctional, an inefficient and slow moving market distortion, that restricts its members in getting along in the world outside of the club. Not only do we all suffer from that, but developing markets around the globe who can't trade with European countires. Oh, and of course the EU is short of money and wracked by serious unemployment. Hmm, that is really is not a success.

The EU is no longer the same as the original Common Market, EEC or EC. It has grown a life of its own that few citizens in any of its states have voted for. History will show it has passed its peak as a organisation and is now in decline - has been before today. It needs to reinvent itself in a simpler, more elegant way if it has the will and is sensible enough to read the history around it. I hope Brexit can be the real catalyst for that. If it wasn't us, it would be someone else in the next year or two .. take your pick from France, Italy, Netherlands and Denmark.

And just to be clear, being anti-EU does not equate to being anti-Europe. I'm proudly British and of the diversity and energy of Europe. I work for a large company and work globally, and have hundreds of colleagues and clients in Europe. It is a great place. But the EU 'thing' is a basket case.

It is time to galvanize that can-do British Olympic spirit of 2012 and grasp this amazing opportunity. How utterly depressing it would have been this morning if we'd woken to a Remain vote, more of the same es-aitch-eye-tee, won through a barrage of scare-stories making people risk-averse and afraid to stand up for their feelings.

Last edited by a moderator:

bluejon

Club Member
Forgot to say .. I like your title of the thread. I guess we will now regain our fishing grounds and be able to rebuild our fishing industry which the EU ruined :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:

supermik

Well-Known Forum User
Funny but when i awoke this morning there was a big yellow ball in the sky and i am pretty sure it will be there again tomorrow and the next day and will still be there when my future great, great grandchildren are pushing up daisys. Life goes on people and I certainly wont be losing any sleep.

Al Douglas

Club Member
Very proud to be Scottish and voted No in the independence referendum, very proud to be British and voted to leave the EU.
Must say I'm not really interested in the opinions of those who don't live here, don't pay taxes here and don't put their income into the UK economy. If your voice to be heard then use it in the country you live in. Simple. It's called Democracy.

tel240z

Club Member
So a quick summary of this thread then, we will now deal with the Trash, may not be to much of a problem since we will soon make our own decisions, now lets talk about the countries that pay the most into the eu including rebates, in 1st place Germany ( they don't seem to be doing so good lately ) followed by France (good luck with that one) then us (uk) oh hold on we aint got to pay any more, now i know it only works out to a few quid a week for each of us but i deal with a lot europeans on a daily basis and already they are talking about having there own referendum to get,out including my french associates

status

Well-Known Forum User
The French and Dutch next to come out,and if you moved abroad then it's your choice when it doesn't work out,tuff ,get over it the Irish are ruled by ex terrorists,Ie mcguiness and co so who gives a toss if they want to come out,the Scottish are ruled by some doris who is dangerous and could turn out to be worse than thatcher,so really us English don't need the Irish,Scottish,Germans,French and co,it's them that really wants us

SacCyclone

Club Member
From across the pond, I have every confidence that the English people will come together and create a brighter and stronger future for themselves.

Failure is not an option when a determined and united people come together to control their own destiny.

As said before, the UK will be the first of several to take back control of their country. IMHO