Gear Knob

iandecjak

Club Member
Does anyone have a good lead on best place to buy a wooden Datsun 280zx suitable gear knob. I have seen those advertised on Ebay and was just wondering if there are other options.
Previous owner fitted a Momo ally ball a:rant: and I know getting hold of an original manual gear knob is nigh on impossible and think a wooden one next best thing.:thumbs:

Cheers

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
it depends do you want as new condition or vintage/ye olde looking as i have got a 5 speed wooden one not in the best condition if interested otherwise ebay will be most likely the best option

Nigel Brook

Well-Known Forum User
Does anyone have a good lead on best place to buy a wooden Datsun 280zx suitable gear knob. I have seen those advertised on Ebay and was just wondering if there are other options.
Previous owner fitted a Momo ally ball a:rant: and I know getting hold of an original manual gear knob is nigh on impossible and think a wooden one next best thing.:thumbs:

Cheers

I have an original 280zx knob if you're interested.

iandecjak

Club Member
Hi

Hi Nigel, I am not sure if these came colour coded and I don't know what they looked like. Anyway I am interested, what are you looking for to sell?

Ian

Nigel Brook

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Nigel, I am not sure if these came colour coded and I don't know what they looked like. Anyway I am interested, what are you looking for to sell?

Ian

Like this. Almost black, think it's supposed to be brown.

Attachments

• 280ZX GEAR KNOB 011.JPG
    280ZX GEAR KNOB 011.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • 280ZX GEAR KNOB 010.JPG
    280ZX GEAR KNOB 010.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 18

iandecjak

Club Member
Thanks for pictures, my interior is beige/brown so black would only probably look too good. Shame as it looks just the right level of retro.........

Ian

iandecjak

Club Member
Nigel hi

Have been on holiday and just back home; if it brown then I think its worth a punt at £12 + pp.

How can we work this out, I can send chq or paypal for postage to Bristol.

Let me know either way is good for me.

Ian

iandecjak

Club Member
Ta

Nigel - just wanted to thank you for sending thru the gear knob, it actually matches the handbrake handle perfectly for colour and is also so cool. Just about to take the car for a spin in the nice weather :thumbs:

Cheers again

Ian