Front lower grille | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Front lower grille

Discussion in '240Z / 260Z / 280Z' started by HOUSEQUAKE, Mar 9, 2007.

1. HOUSEQUAKE

HOUSEQUAKE Forum User

I'm looking for a suitable grille for the lower part beneath the bumper that is not covered.

Has anybody any knowledge of using front grilles from a different make of car?

I keep looking at the pug grilles thinking they might do? I can imagine this sort of look under the bumper.

[​IMG]

Anyone good at photoshopping? Maybe do a mock up?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2007
  2. Tony 260Z

Tony 260Z
    Z Club Member

Interesting idea. I'd (idly) thought about trying it myself but never got beyond that. You can buy various grille materials (hello Halfords et al) but they'd have to be done right.

3. Ian Patmore

Ian Patmore New Forum User

There is a thread on classiczcars.com (titled; New grille, if the link below does not work). A good idea of extending the original grille with parts from another original grille to fit the space when an aftermarket spoiler is fitted. Just an idea....

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25155

Ian

4. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

I've been looking at this for a while - I'm going to ask a local smithy to make me one up that continues the original grill all the way down to the bottom panel (going between the bottom of the front wings) ! It won't be expensive, be power-coat painted in black satin and cover up the 'forgotten hole' under the bumper !

It'll save my rad. (already protected from kamikaze pidgeons) from errant bunnies too !

5. Tony 260Z

Tony 260Z
    Z Club Member

I reckon that's a darned good idea Sean. Let us know how you get on!

Tony

6. HOUSEQUAKE

HOUSEQUAKE Forum User

*chuckles*

I've seen the thread on classicZclub, it's that what set me off again 'coz like Sean I've been kicking around with the idea for some time.

I've seen the grille mesh type stuff tony260 is talking ABOUt (oops, caps off) but I've a nasty suspicion I'd manage to make a comp-lete mess of it.

I'm looking for something that goes right up to the edges, like on an Aston Martin.

[now sits and waits for someone to suggest an Aston martin :p ]

Attached Files:

7. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Well, that's what I was thinking of - but in black, not girly chromed or stainless steel !

8. HOUSEQUAKE

HOUSEQUAKE Forum User

erm...

...might you not upset some people with your 'girly chrome' reference Sean?

After all, it was all the rage when these cars were in their heyday and dare I say one of the more appealing things about classic cars :conf2:

But I know wot you mean, I de-chromed Delores straight away :devil:

9. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Has to be bad in black !

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2010
  10. status

status Active Forum User

i got my mesh from ripspeed,just got to get round to doing it,cost me 17 quid about 3 years ago

11. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Mesh is for wannabe racers and chicken coops ! A proper grill is classy.

12. HOUSEQUAKE

HOUSEQUAKE Forum User

How about a pic?

13. status

status Active Forum User

its still in the wrapping,probably find a picture on their website,it is similar to the mesh that is on my gill on my 260,see my gallery

14. Mr Ex

Mr Ex I've seen it, I've been there.

A bit like a 432 then.

15. Paul_S

Paul_S
    Z Club Member

To resurrect an old thread...

I was looking at this picture again today and thought perhaps I was missing a part of my grille, but it seems this is normal (?)

[​IMG]

I think I'd like to do something about putting a grille below the bumper. What do you all do? Fabricate something? Or is there a product that's available? Or leave it, as is?

16. Ian

Ian
    Z Club Member

Check out Skillard.com

Paul_S likes this.