Feeling slightly nervous

Fairlineguy

Club Member
Well she has been 12mths in the making and tomorrow I pick her up from
having the engine rolling road/ mapped.
Now I've got that little nervous feeling about taking her out on the road for her first
Having said that I am looking forward to seeing the what power she now makes.
It's has been fairly straight forward installing the rb25 engine and gearbox albeit it's taken a little longer than a standard restoration with the addition of modern a/c etc
I've tried to keep the appearance of the car standard inside and out
Here are a few photos
a1d17e9e6f95cfe8faf7f4b215cb9009.jpg
50ccb7a536a6b11b8ebefa8fd246f3dd.jpg
39e86cb35077d91a41209f9a957d0e27.jpg
f5b78840feeee0d3a84d5614191454e7.jpg
7a74663ba8ca1aab9371d5037bd445ce.jpg
fe43aea607e0765d0de1fe2d862dd626.jpg
525f87817762c5e725835641615159b2.jpg
bba70792ff4d4ad6e7336705d6909296.jpg
7add4d139a9ec2aaef9ea3243c082305.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fairlineguy

Club Member
well done. Another great orange.

did you go for massive power?

built purely as a road car so have gone with stage one tunning .
We will see tomorrow what she is putting out the guys at rising sun
Predict between 3-340hp.
More than enough for me .

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I've changed my screen theme from Classic to Sinister - there is just too much orange on this site!

Great car.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Fantastic looking car. So is this standard suspension? Doesn't look lowered much (if any) and looks perfect stance-wise to me.

Wonderful workmanship as well! Wouldn't mind seeing some pics of the interior when you have the time.

Fairlineguy

Club Member
Fantastic looking car. So is this standard suspension? Doesn't look lowered much (if any) and looks perfect stance-wise to me.

Wonderful workmanship as well! Wouldn't mind seeing some pics of the interior when you have the time.

I've kept the suspension hight stock just fitted gas shocks. My previous car had front lowering springs because the USA set up was to high but she would grind out over Sleeping policemen .
I hope I've got the right balance this time .

Dave B

Well-Known Forum User
Wow, some going to turn that round in a year. It’s a beaut!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SacCyclone

Club Member
That sleeper look is perfect for a street car I think.

Lots of surprised looks on driver's faces in your future.:cheers:

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Love the fact you have kept the exterior and interior standard. Why spoil a stunning, beautiful design with grotesque spoilers and bolt-on wheel arches? Looks the absolute business and a great colour too. Hope it drives as well as you hope. Enjoy!

johnymd

Club Member
Car looks great and the RB25 makes it the perfect driver car IMO. Looking forward to seeing it at Lemanes.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Don't care what monitor you are viewing on, orange yes, 918 noooooo !

Seem to remember Fairlineguy mentioned it was a VW orange when he did his last one in the same colour. Brighter and less terracotta than 918, let's just call it tangerine dream, very very nice.......

918 is so last year anyway, future is not orange, it is red........ ask Mr.Palmer, he's on trend for 2018 ;)

Don't care what monitor you are viewing on, orange yes, 918 noooooo !

Seem to remember Fairlineguy mentioned it was a VW orange when he did his last one in the same colour. Brighter and less terracotta than 918, let's just call it tangerine dream, very very nice.......

918 is so last year anyway, future is not orange, it is red........ ask Mr.Palmer, he's on trend for 2018 ;)

No the future is 918, not orange or red:D