fast Z

SacCyclone

Club Member
ok, that has got to be my dream track car of all time.

The transmission probably cost more than I have in all my race parts....

WANT

racer

Club Member
It's not pretty is it but, it looks like a dream to drive. It doesn't look like hard work at all, the driver seems totally relaxed.
Interesting that they're still using an R200 diff, even with 640flb of torque!

Good find Terry

johnymd

Club Member
The US cars did not have a rear spoiler so they have come up with a design that is very similar to the spoilers we got in order to improve the aero of their cars. I think you still get fumes on the UK cars with the rear spoiler fitted. I've been driving round all summer in US cars with no rear spoiler and the window open and not noticed any fumes in the car. Maybe the US car just don't go fast enough :)

SacCyclone

Club Member
John, you will have to depend on others to let you know if you have a fume problem.

Like when my wife says, "you smell like gas"

Ian

Club Member
Been following that build for a while, used to have twin tomei turbos. Very fast and nice build, not that nice looking but perfect for track work, would love the gearbox.

racer

Club Member
Been following that build for a while, used to have twin tomei turbos. Very fast and nice build, not that nice looking but perfect for track work, would love the gearbox.

What was the reson for the swop to a big single Ian?

Was there no change in response?

Ian

Club Member
For more power than the twins could provide, once you get up to the likes of 800hp (anything above 600hp really) singles provide more response than a twin setup can, especially with a modern turbo like a Borg warner EFR.

Plus on a race car you're always at high rpm and above the turbo threshold.