F1 Competition 2010

rsj

F1 Champ!
Club Member
As the title says!
Rules as last year - and amended as I see fit (Sean!)
Lets have a show of hands from all who want a bit of fun out of F1
For those who dont know (or care) you simply have to post your prediction for the first 8 past the flag by midnight the Wednesday before the F1 race. Points are awarded at 5 points for correct position & 2 points for being in top 8.
Simples!! :lol:
1) rsj
2)

JakTheRuby

Club Member
1) rsj
2) Arkwright
3) Steve Burns
4) Sean
5) Jak

Oh yes indeedy. Gives me a midweek focus point. Might even be an interesting season too!

dav350z

Club Member
) rsj
2) Arkwright
3) Steve Burns
4) Sean
5) Jak
6) Dave

Yep add me too. Should be quite an interesting year and pretty difficult to predict.

Oh, and should have said, thanks for offering to organise it again this year, Rob.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
1) rsj
2) Arkwright
3) Steve Burns
4) Sean
5) Jak
6) Dave
7) Rob Gaskin (lucky 7 too!)

My predictions, Hamilton will beat Button (as much as I like Button) and Schumacher will pick up points everywhere but struggle against the young ones. My lads think Schumacher will be very competitive - we'll see, I'd like to be proved wrong. The new teams will add interest too - the Lotus car was THE car to beat when I started watching F1. Be nice to relive the Hesketh days!

M

madmarco

Me!
1) rsj
2) Arkwright
3) Steve Burns
4) Sean
5) Jak
6) Dave
8) madmarco (8's the money #)

I must respectfully protest the Weds entry rule in advance. This cost me 35 points last year and first place! Oh wise and handsome judge please show your compassion and ammend this terribly unfair rule. Change the deadline to Thursday night! :bow:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Why do you think the Wednesday night rule was there in the first place ? If you're serious, you follow the build-up and nobody can get a clue from any testing that happened (happens ?) on Thursday !

You Z32s need to pick up the pace a bit................

dav350z

Club Member
Do proper racing such as moto gp......or let the procession begin....:eek:
Grolls, being a motorcyclist and ex-racer, I tend to agree with you when you compare racing between MotoGP and F1. But c'mon the comp is not about the racing, it's about the fun predicting and the banter.
And I think this year it will be more difficult to predict than ever.

Dale

Club Member
1) rsj
2) Arkwright
3) Steve Burns
4) Sean
5) Jak
6) Dave
9) Dale (9 is.. erm....erm... the square root of 81!)

rsj

F1 Champ!
Club Member
Thanks guys for your interest! But I must point out that any dissention in the ranks will have points automatically deducted :lol:
Posts made after the midnight deadline but within 24 hours of it, will have 5 points deducted from any score.
Over 24hrs from the Wednesday midnight deadline the maximum points that can be awarded will be 10 points less than the lowest scorer of that race :eek:
Oh! and last years winner has a 25 point handicap to start the season :smash:
Plus if you live in France you will frequently have points deducted................................ just because I can! :rofl: :devil:

Marco et al, the first race is on 14th March 2010 and so predictions MUST be posted in this thread by MIDNIGHT on 10th March 2010.
Is that enough notice for you? :p

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I remember when he was JUST the scoremaster (you can be replaced you know !).........power currupts and absolute power currupts........well, you know the rest...

This is merely an inferiority-complex reaction of driving on overweight poor-mans' Porsche ( how to lose 500kgs to stay up with the S30s.....?).

Add Olaf to the guessers please.

rsj

F1 Champ!
Club Member
1) rsj
2) Arkwright
3) Steve Burns
4) Sean
5) Jak
6) Dave
9) Dale (9 is.. erm....erm... the square root of 81!)
10) Olaf
11)

Absolutely Sean.. Many can imitate but none can replace............... but in your case I'm sure we can make an exception :thumbs:
... and you'll need more than an ageing Datsun to keep up with a Jones!:driving::lol:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
... and you'll need more than an ageing Datsun to keep up with a Jones!

Remember The Gumball Rally ?.................some things get meaner as they get older, my car's called Mina so some people get Mina as they get older !:seeya:

M

madmarco

Why do you think the Wednesday night rule was there in the first place ? If you're serious, you follow the build-up and nobody can get a clue from any testing that happened (happens ?) on Thursday !

You Z32s need to pick up the pace a bit................

Forgive my ignorance but I thought every event has practice Friday, qualifying Saturday, and racing Sunday (unless it's a Saturday race). I'm a bike racing fan, so never knew those crazy F1 teams held testing on a Thursday. It must be top secret with the results only bradcast to the privledged few, as I've never heard Thursday test results pubished. Even Bwin will allow bets on Thursday... :confused:

Marco et al, the first race is on 14th March 2010 and so predictions MUST be posted in this thread by MIDNIGHT on 10th March 2010.
Is that enough notice for you? :p

Yes it is. :D

This is merely an inferiority-complex reaction of driving on overweight poor-mans' Porsche ( how to lose 500kgs to stay up with the S30s.....?).

Keep up with S30's? A properly set up Z32 with a good driver will eat a S30 for breakfast!

Stands back.... :D

rsj

F1 Champ!
Club Member
There is some testing on the Thursday but is hardly ever indicative of final positions or performance - hence the "mild" 5 point penalty for going beyond the Wednesday midnight deadline. Obviously any posts after the Thursday midnight deadline will need a bigger penalty. So posting after this time may give an unfair advantage & so any score will be decided by the others players skills and not the late poster's skills - or lack thereof.:smash:
Therefore no advantage is obtained! :thumbs:
Hope this is clear and obvious? :cheers:

Also I'm happy to discuss any issues concerning the competition before the first deadline - thereafter I will be Judge, Jury & Executioner of points :bow:

oooooo Ha Ha Ha Ha!! the World is MINE!! ALL MINE I Tell you!! :devil: