F1 Competion

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
OK, I talked about this and said I'd doante a prize so as I put my stash where my big mouth is - now is the time for those who know to come forward !

I, on behalf of Z STORYS (a young ent. importing ready to drive LHD HS-30s into Europe) will donate a MotoLita, wooden or black leather steering wheel and fitting boss to he who wins the most points during this years' F1 season !

Maybe we'll make it a bit more interesting than usual :)

The rules and points scoring are simple:

You make a race prevision by drivers' names, no later than the Wednesday midnight preceeding the race, listing the top ten in finishing position with the first man at the top.
5 points are awarded for each correctly place driver, 2 points for those in the top ten but not in order !

EG: you've stated:

Scumie M
Barrackwellos
Right Conan
Aloser
Highfeld
Sumo
Choco B
Mozzarella
Onceover
Newtown

Who arrive:

Scumie M 5 pts
Right Conan 2pts
Onceover 2 pts
Aloser 5 pts
Newtown 2 pts
Sumo 5 pts
Choc B 5 pts
Mozzarella 5 pts
Highfield 2 pts
Massa 0 pts

Total for you: 33 points, which by my experience is a lot, if you get around the 20 point mark, you're doing well !

Make sure that the drivers names can't be confused, eg Schumie M or R !

Points will be 're-arranged' if a stewards' enquiry removes a driver from the points are moves him down the finishing grid !

Any prevision received after the midnight Wednesday cut-off is null and void, so if you're planning to be away from a PC, just get it in earlier !

If anyone, (Russ ?) would like to take up the role (whilst playing of course) of gamesmaster and do the scoring, I will donate to that person a surprise end of season gift ! Otherwise, it'll be me who scores !

All decisions by me (and if caught, by the unwary volunteer, made in con-junction with me) are final, anyone not complying can go away and stick two pencils up their nostrils, wearing their underpants on their head !

All previsions should be emailed to me at seanz@wanadoo.fr

I look forward to reading this F1 thread on "how they nearly won an extra 10 points if it hadn't been for that twat who skidded sideways, coming out of turn three" etc...

That's all, up to you now - it would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED if those wanting to register as competitors do so with their prevision before Wednesday midnight - REMEMBER, like in a real race, once you've lost time (or in this case, points) it's very difficult to make up that loss !

Two more things, if you don't want or like a MotaLita steeringwheel, win it anyway and sell it - you'll still be the best this season and everyone will know it !

Lastly, this competition is only open to fully paid up members of The UK Z Club and you'll need to quote your membership number to register your race prevision !

Good luck !

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry, did I say top ten, I meant (of course) the top eight !

To start the ball rolling (and to show how co nfident I am - err, cough) here is my prevision for Melbourne, 6th March - next Sunday !!!!!

Schumie M
Barrichello
Button
Sato
Alonso
Webber
Raikkonen
Montoya

symon260z

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Sean,

I´ve just sent you an e mail with my prevision. What size is the wheel as I´d like to work out which of my cars I´m going use it on !

Symon

symon260z

Well-Known Forum User
OK here´s my prevision for the Oz F1 race.

1. Alonso
2 Weber
3 M cobbler
4 Villeneuve
5. Button
6 Sato
7 Barrichello
8 Raikkonen
:eek:

steven lack

Well-Known Forum User
heres is my provision for the oz f1 race
1.raikkanon
2.alonso
3.button
4.m.schumie
5.webber
6.sato
7.montoya
8.barricelo

tomZawyer

Forum User
Hi all,

my pronostics for Melbourne

1 Michael Schumacher
2 Fernando Alonso
3 Ralf Schumacher
4 Rubens Barrichello
5 Giancarlo Fisichella
6 Kimi RaïkKonen
7 Jenson Button
8 Mark Weber

No French in race, but I win the wheel, so that's ok

TomZawyer

nickknox

Well-Known Forum User
Only really interested in MotoGp, WSB & BSB but this could be fun and may rekindle my interest in the Schooey Road Show.

Fisichella

M.Schumacher

Alonso

Montoya

Button

Barrichello

Raikkonen

Heidfeld

Good luck loooosers

steven lack

Well-Known Forum User
As Requested By Sean At This Moment There Are Only 6 People Entering In The Chance To Win A Steering Wheel Threw This F1 Competition Hosted By Sean Ie He Is Donating A New Steering Wheel To The Winner,now Where Are All The Formula 1 Nutters As The Season Starts This Weekend,
Now This Is Done And I Have Entered ,i Shall Now Get Back To Work,
Good Luck To You All

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
do ya fancy throwing in some leather trim,2.8 motor with high comp. pistons, gass flowed head, obviously and a nismo exaust (chrome pls ) fanx :)

M Schumie
Montoya
Button
Raikkonen
Webber
R Schumie
Sato
Barrichello

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
just to make the numbers up

Montoya
M Schumie
Button
Alonso
Barrichello
Raikkonen
Webber
Fisichella

oh by the way I see slackie can't take part as he hasn,t updated his details in his profile and in his signature
if he hasn't done it by WEDNESDAY night does that mean that he will be excluded from the results from the first race:eek:

Russ

Club Member
I'm only interested in the bikes as well. Good to see WSB isn't the Ducati cup anymore.

I'm don't follow F1 which maybe in my advantage,

M Schumacher
K Raikkonen
J P Montoya
F Alonso
R Barrichello
G Fisichella
J Button
M Webber

Russ

Club Member
Got this in mail

SeanDezart said:
Do me a favour guys and put up a post on the F1 thread stating that there are currently only 6 competitors in the competition !

1) This is going to make it reasonably easy for one of the few to win !

2) Surprisingly diffident attitude of forum users to a free comp. on a site where they visit frequently already and therefore won't lose time !

3) There's a lot of people with opinions that have nothing behind hot air - put your mouth where my money is !

4) Doesn't matter if you know nothing about F1 or don't care who wins each race - you might win !

Entries closed at midnight 5UK time) tonight - all forecasts to be emailed to me at seanz@wanadoo.fr and sdezart@appia.eiffage.fr

Thanks,

Sean

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I entered directly to Sean on Tuesday (not sharing my predictions with anyone!). Should be a good laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:

symon260z

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Everyone,

I´m almost interested to see the results of this first race, but that doesn´t mean that I´m going to be getting up to watch the race though !

Symon:D

rsj

F1 Champ!
Club Member
Have posted my selection to Sean too but will keep it quiet for now to avoid my forthcoming embarrassment:D

Oh!.... and is it coincidence that all these F1 motors are cabrios?...:devil:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Ok, before I post up the results, some reminders !

1) M/ship numbers not communicated to me by Steve Lack and Tomzawyer - at least publicise your numbers on your site signatures please so I may copy them !

2) Nice that some of you 'came out of the closet' and publicly stated who you believed would finish in the points and where -I apprecaite the encouragement this gave others. However, please remember to copy me too by email to seanz@wanadoo.fr and to sdezart@appia.eiffage.fr !

3) One person was late (poor excuse accepted this time) but anyone from now on sending in a late (later than midnight GMT Wednesday) will have their prediction anulled and will therefore score 0 points for that race ! If you're gonna be away, send it to me early, you shouldn't lose out against the others since everyone must send me theirs before a particular races' test sessions begin !

4) If I've made any mistakes in scoring or you have a doubt, please email me !

5) Finally, I wish to thank all of you for participating and helping to turn what has become a boring race series into something at least worth reading the results of :)

Here it is, read it and weep !

Name​

M/ship No.​

Position​

Melbourne pts​

Suzy​

221​

1​

16​

Sean​

559​

4​

13​

Symon​

270​

10​

11​

Olaf​

****​

4​

13​

Fred Caen​

**​

13​

8​

Eric LeM​

12​

10​

Steve L​

4​

13​

Rob Gaskin​

214​

14​

6​

Russ Taylor​

447​

8​

12​

Nick King​

133​

1​

16​

Zedache​

179​

1​

16​

Rob Jones​

701​

4​

13​

Grolls​

249​

10​

11​

Steve Burns​

40​

8​

12​

**** Dutch invitation by Sean: co-founder of this infuriating game !​

** Club Zen co-Founder and my Z mentor !​

Comments are invited !

Steve Burns surprised me, he and Russ chose the most points finishers - must be a moderators priviledge, except for Steve Lack, who's trailing with me ! Suzy too, up there with the big players !

Remember, it's early and those with the points can lose later, those who've started slowly off the grid may turn out to be consistant points scorers !

Don't forget that the next race is on March 20th in Maylasia (07:00 GMT) and you need to email me your forecasts before midnight GMT Wednesday 16th. I shall be in the UK that week, so apologies if I don't reply immediately !

Yes, I was a sad git that left his warm, cuddly wife to watch this GP (although I did miss the first 7 laps) !

Cheers,
Sean

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry for the presentation, I've done an XL spreadsheet but this site won't accept it as an attachment so I copied the relevant info direct to this reply where before posting, it looked fine. Any ideas anyone or is this lisible enough ?

First number is your m/no, second is your overall position and third are the points scored this race (out of a possible maximum of 40) !

Sean