Electronic Dizzy?

Peato40

Well-Known Forum User
Hello All,

Dos anybody recognise this electronic ignition upgrade (four wire) system? I suspect there is a module or something that should accompany this contactless set up but I don't appear to have it.

Phil

Attachments

• 20171204_161035.jpg
    20171204_161035.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 67

Jimbo

1978 260z in yellow
Club Member
can't say i have but i do have the luminition kit myself and it works really really well.
BEWARE theres 2 pieces to these kits.
the ignition trigger which fits inside the dizzy
and the module that receives the signal from the dizzy unit and controls the coil.
the module is very much more expensive then the trigger.

Farmer42

Club Member
The other option is to try to pick up an electronic dizzy from a 280ZX with an E12-80 module. It's just a straight swap for a mechanical dizzy but you do need to transfer the base bracket & slightly modify the wiring from the coil to make your tacho work.

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
John, why not consider going distributorless with a megasquirt or other programmable ignition box , trigger off a 36-2 tooth wheel with a magnetic or capacitive sensor and fire a coil-pack.....no scatter, stronger spark plus custom ignition curve...... welcome to the 21st centuary

johnymd

Club Member
There is a module that just replaces the point to convert to electronic but I cant remember the name. They are around £40 I think. IMO a better option and you could buy a spare to keep in the car just in case. The 280zx dizzy modules are getting old now and hard to come by.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
John, why not consider going distributorless with a megasquirt or other programmable ignition box , trigger off a 36-2 tooth wheel with a magnetic or capacitive sensor and fire a coil-pack.....no scatter, stronger spark plus custom ignition curve...... welcome to the 21st centuary

I’ve just been looking at the Nodiz unit - cheaper than 123Ignition.
Looks pretty straightforward, but I’d end up with a modern rev counter I suppose. I’ve got a few months to think about it now!