Dyno results

GTR-240Z

Well-Known Forum User
Now my engine is all run in I took it down to Thurston Engineering who originally built my new engine.I've been dying to give the car a bloody good thrashing but wanted to make sure everything is ok before i do.
The results have opened a can of worms power is around 320bhp but the car is running lean throughtout the power band and power and torque was not very smooth after 4000rpm.
Luckily I had Mike there and we checked the basics like fuel presure and output from the 02 sensor etc but did not manage to get to the bottom of the problem so I'm now begining to think either some of the injectors are not 100% or prehaps the ecu is not a standard ecu I was lead of believe and is setup for much larger injectors than I have.

I'll try and upload the prints out's I got on Sunday when I visit my parents as my scanner has stopped working since upgrading to Vista so I can't upload the print outs just yet.

twoforty

Well-Known Forum User
You could measure the duty cycle of the injectors maybe then compare the flow rate of the injector etc to see if something funny was going on. Maybe you could fit a power commander and tweak it that way. Sounds like its going to kick out some serious HP though once its sorted.

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
Good job you got it Dyno'd before thrashing it as a lean turbo motor always spells bad things. it would be good to see the print outs.

240z

Club Member
Congrats, looks and sounds great, enjoyed seeing the car up close at Japfest too. Is 320 at the wheels, if so that is really impressive, especially as with no real mapping. :thumbs: Looking forward to seeing the plot. (just don't make me want to swap to RB power ;))

GTR-240Z

Well-Known Forum User
as promised here are the print outs, ignore the peak hp figure as it's incorrect due to the spike near the end of the run

r01x.jpg

r02n.jpg

r03n.jpg

r04o.jpg

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
I have to confess Darren I was on the phone to Pete not long after you came off, its a MIGHTY good job you had the foresight to use the rolling road, imagine what would have happened if you hadnt, then took it to Donington, half way down the main straight it would have been well done piston with a side order of valve.

Dear Santa please can I have
1. New O2 sensors
2. Det sensor and AFR meter
3. Recon injectors
4. Mines ECU

GTR-240Z

Well-Known Forum User
I have to confess Darren I was on the phone to Pete not long after you came off, its a MIGHTY good job you had the foresight to use the rolling road, imagine what would have happened if you hadnt, then took it to Donington, half way down the main straight it would have been well done piston with a side order of valve.

Dear Santa please can I have
1. New O2 sensors
2. Det sensor and AFR meter
3. Recon injectors
4. Mines ECU

Agreed I only planned to goto Donnington after this rolling road session so Donnington will not be happening just yet. Dave is going to lend me an ECU so I can rule out the ECU then I'm going to take it from there.
I'll keep everybody posted once I've tried the ECU wonder if my misses will buy me a new ECU as an early birthday present for my 30th in July :lol:

GTR-240Z

Well-Known Forum User
Fitted the r32 ecu dave sent me but before doing so I took some readings with a gas tester at idle the old ecu was reading -0.7% co2 the replacement ecu gave readings of 5.0% so looks like I've found the source of my problems now all I need to do is dyno the car again and see what a difference it makes.

Mr.F

Inactive
Latest dyno results from Darren's GTR 240Z - today at Thurstons 420 fwbhp! Power curve smooth and AFR issues solved, loads of torque across the board. Here's the graphs:

240Z-GTR%20dyno.jpg

twoforty

Well-Known Forum User
Nice work!! I bet that feels a whole lot better to drive.

Would it be possible for the Z club web guru to set up a dyno results section, would be nice for everyone that has had a dyno run to upload the details of the engine and power output for comparison.

Mr.F

Inactive
[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CO59RvM85RU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CO59RvM85RU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]