Driveshaft UJ options

johnymd

Club Member
I'm in the process off having a new driveshaft built for the V8 zed. The rear UJ will need to mate to the Datsun R200 240/260 flange pattern. Does anyone know if there are larger UJ's available with the same flange pattern and if so, what car they are off.

ben240z

Club Member
is this the propshaft (gearbox to axle). I used a Landrover propshaft for years. Never broke it.

johnymd

Club Member
Yes it is the propshaft. I thought there was a landrover joint that fitted. There are 3 different sizes of input flange for the diff. The one I have is round and the out of square hole pattern. Same as yours?

tmr

Club Member
Hi John Proptech in Hartlebury have always made my prop shafts to cope with whatever power produced,

johnymd

Club Member
Thanks for the info. I managed to find a spare prop in the workshop that had the large land rover joint fitted. I took it in to the prop people this afternoon and said that's the joint I want on the other end of the Lexus prop. Should be ready Friday. I'll wait until then to pull the car apart and continue painting the engine bay and front.