Drag Challenge / Hall of Fame

Mr.F

Inactive
FAME IS THE NAME OF THE GAME

Congratulations to John Mason on becoming officially the quickest carburetted, normally aspirated S30 in the U.K. - check out the Hall of Fame to see where your Z will fit when you come to Round 2 of the Drag Challenge 18th May at Santa Pod.

Last edited by a moderator:

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Just a little blast from the past for some of the newer members
You have all seen photos of RatZ that is placed 1&2 in the list but some of you might not have seen a photo of the Z that is placed 4,6 and I think 3rd in the list

V8conversion.jpg

Mr Ex

Inactive
Just a little blast from the past for some of the newer members
You have all seen photos of RatZ that is placed 1&2 in the list but some of you might not have seen a photo of the Z that is placed 4,6 and I think 3rd in the list

V8conversion.jpg

IS it the 2+2 ? :D:D

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Drift Damage pah no such thing back then it was just called bad Driving:rolleyes:

If I remember rightly you should take the urine out of that 260Z2+2 very lightly
I think it used to or does belong to Martin Renew
And it used to wipe the floor with a hell of a lot of 240Z and 260Zs at the Goodwood track days the club used to run
He was one of the fastest non racing drivers I have seen
People in the photo are Mr F, Rob Henshaw (I think young version),260ZG aka Colin Shipway (author of Essential Datsun Z) and Martin Renew ( I hope)
Mr F will prove me totally wrong and tell me the last person is John Bowker they both look a bit alike

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
If I remember rightly you should take the urine out of that 260Z2+2 very lightly
I think it used to or does belong to Martin Renew
And it used to wipe the floor with a hell of a lot of 240Z and 260Zs at the Goodwood track days the club used to run

I'm sure I could "wipe the floor" too, if I had a complete disregard for the condition of my car.

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Great pic!!
BUT.........................................Where is the car now????????????:confused::confused::confused:

Mr.F

Inactive
Rob had pretty freshly become the owner of my V8 240, had it painted by Gary Bellamy when he was down on Canvey Island and this would have been a photo fairly soon after that paint. So ........ 1989 is my best guess.