Staff member
Club Member
Blue 240z , L28 engine, disc conversion at the back

Did this car belong to anyone here?

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Sadly not. A colleague of mine who finances a car dealer just showed me it on his phone with the tiniest thumb nail photos.

It's up on a dealer's only auction site and it sounds like a very well sorted car with £15k recently spent.

Just wondering if anyone knows the car.

JK240

Club Member
Sadly not. A colleague of mine who finances a car dealer just showed me it on his phone with the tiniest thumb nail photos.

It's up on a dealer's only auction site and it sounds like a very well sorted car with £15k recently spent.

Just wondering if anyone knows the car.

Which site, I use a few so could have a look...?

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Good man!!

Apparently it came from a Porsche dealer.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Sounds like a very well sorted car.

They estimate it will sell to a customer for over £30k and you can see why.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Not keen on the red engine block but I think I could probably live with it - very nice.

Carpeted rear turrets and funny, stripey seats though :D

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Not wishing to open a can of worms / old discussions: what are thoughts on originality? I.e. An L28 in a 240 - does that affect the value or does it make it more desirable to you guys and gals?

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Not wishing to open a can of worms / old discussions: what are thoughts on originality? I.e. An L28 in a 240 - does that affect the value or does it make it more desirable to you guys and gals?

I like the colour of the zed

I dunno it's a catch 22 I think. As you can put the l28 in and bore out to 2.9ltre and fast road cam for performance
Or keep it standard with 240 engine and still do a few engine mods if you want

There are quite a few 240 I no of that are running l28

But each to there own

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User

Never was into this matching numbers stuff myself & I think so long as it still has an L series engine fitted happy days. Out of all the Z's I have had 3 stood out, 1st was a 260 with its std engine but with a heavily skimmed head & 240 carbs, 2nd was my blue 240 which eventually was fitted with a well sorted 2.8 with 2" SU carbs & the 3rd one was the 240 that I just sold with a DJR short stroke 2.6 with very special head & triple dellorto's.
Which was best ? All 3 where great fun & it would be hard to choose between them but my last 240 obviously sounded the dogs with the triples (music to your ears) & the way it revved was incredible. So within the 30 years I was into Z's half way through that period I started to to put together what was my ultimate Z, through everything I had learned over they years & it has broke my heart to let it go.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Sold for £21,600. Sounds like a fair price but as with all zeds, you have to view them.

I guess that went to a dealer, right? So may we see her rolled out over £30k do you think?