Difference between 260 and 260 2+2 bumpers

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hi folks, can anyone describe the differences to me please.

Are 2+2 wider at the rear?

Is the overhang longer?

Cheers.

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Ino the tailgate and glass are totally different to 240 260z but how much different i cudnt say.

I have a rear 2+2 glass in the garage doing nothing

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Ino the tailgate and glass are totally different to 240 260z but how much different i cudnt say.

I have a rear 2+2 glass in the garage doing nothing

Hi Christian, it was the difference in bumpers (as title) I was interested in thanks. I'm pretty sure the 2+2 is a wider car.

Mr.F

Inactive
2+2 front bumper the same as 2 seater. On the rear, the 2+2 centre section is longer. The corner pieces are the same size as 2 seater, but have a different attachment method - the inner angled / threaded bracket welded to the 2 seater corner is removed and a small hole with cut out in lower edge connects to a separate angled bracket on the car. The 2+2 does not have the indented rear quarter panels that we see on the 2 seater.
References to UK market only...

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
2+2 front bumper the same as 2 seater. On the rear, the 2+2 centre section is longer. The corner pieces are the same size as 2 seater, but have a different attachment method - the inner angled / threaded bracket welded to the 2 seater corner is removed and a small hole with cut out in lower edge connects to a separate angled bracket on the car. The 2+2 does not have the indented rear quarter panels that we see on the 2 seater.

Ok Mike thanks, very interesting and useful.

DonMuscles

Well-Known Forum User

What ^^^^^^^^ this guy said...