corsa B power steering converion

Leo40z

Well-Known Forum User
hi all

has anyone done a Vauxhall corsa B power steering conversion on there 240z ?

any pictures would be great .

many thanks

leo

Jimbo

1978 260z in yellow
Club Member
i know it has been done on vw sciroccos quite successfully.
only problem on some corsa B models is they have a speed sensor which means the steering wont work properly unless you can feed it a signal.
the speed sensor lets the power steering module know how much steering aid to give the driver as the steering in supposed to give less aid at higher speed and more at lower speeds.
no signal= malfunction and the power steering wont work.

Jimbo

1978 260z in yellow
Club Member
alternatively you can use a citroen saxo power steering pump which is electric and find a suitable rack to fit in the car?
all you will need is custom pipe work and a suitable loom made up.

richiep

Club Member
This has been done a number of times by forum members. I'm sure someone will be along to discuss. I've got the necessary bits but haven't assembled it all yet.

Do a forum search and you'll find past discussions too.

I wouldn't describe the speed sensor issue as a problem either. You just fit one! Integral to the conversions people have done. See Datsun Dave's hybrid Z thread. Again, use "search".

Leo40z

Well-Known Forum User
I've seen a few options . But I felt the corsa b was a cheaper option.

I have everything to do the conversion also a speed controller ,which you turn left or right depending on the speed your doing . So you can turn all the way clockwise for hard steering whilst doing higher speeds and unticlock wise for lighter steering control .

Could someone send me a link of other users doing the conversion. Using my phone I'm struggling to find the thread .

Many thanks .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt Long

Well-Known Forum User
It's also a common mod on VW T25 campers, there are a few people selling control boxes on ebay

Leo40z

Well-Known Forum User
As I said I have everything. I would like a guide before I start cutting my steering column. Hahaha

If anyone has one spare let me know .

datsun dave

Club Member
As I said I have everything. I would like a guide before I start cutting my steering column. Hahaha

If anyone has one spare let me know .

I have done this conversion BUT bought it as a kit the the steering column converted
Sent you a PM about a spare column.