Cooling Options…Alloy Rads

Wyn

Club Member
What are peeps using to keep cool their already cool hybrid Zed

Is there an aftermarket all alloy rad available for the 240/260 Zed?

If so where from and how much.

Btw, I know with a few mods a 2.5 transit rad just about fits across the frt panel lol
mrgreen.gif

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
my rad is being specially made, not done yet because it is not in this phase of the build.

fits side to side using existing mounts and will have the water in and out to suit the engine. have seen one on larry horn's safari car featured in the club mag a few months ago .... SERIOUSLY well made radiator, great cooling. Quoted at £495 including pair or electric fans.

another mod that will make a vast difference is venting the inner wings to allow the hot air from the high pressure area under the bonnet into the low pressure area behind the wheels.

merely venting the bonnet will not always work unless it is done right because the area at the bottom of the screen is under pressure and therefore does not let the hot air escape cleanly

the most commonly used ally rad comes from the camaro - pretty good, used by the majority of sbc conversions, had a new one but sold it to zeeman (still have to deliver it) they are about £100ish. You can get top and bottom support brackets for it from JTR or if you fancy fabricating a set still have the ones I have sold to zeeman. Am sure steve would not mind me taking photos and dimensions for you.

spoke to rob at laurence's - if you say that you need the column they will dig it out for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyn

Club Member
I’ve just found a car that aftermarket rads are reasonably plentifull for, should just fit a 240z. Just need to borrow one 1st to try lol

Andy
Be interested to see that Camaro rad if you can post up a few pics
I thought about that vent idea but only on the Zed pop up inspection panel things. A few subtle vents there would look ok imo. Dunno if they would work much tho?
btw, Please deffo put my name down on that Zed column!! If I’m ever to drive my car on the rd (when its ready lol) I'll have no option but to change my switchgear around.

Mr F, that alloy rad, how much will it cost over here ?

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
That Z store rad looks decent ! It has been designed to fit the existing mounts so will be aa nice clean install too - worth checking where the respective ins and outs are on the engine to make sure the pipework will fit ok.

I know it is becoming dull but "as soon as I get out of here" will take pics and post them of the rad and mounts. Must take them down to Zeeman so will kill two birds with one stone.

Anything worth having to do with the column has your name on it :D

Wyn

Club Member
Andy, That rad does look the part that's fa sure
bling.gif

large167020.jpg

Looks like all the hoses would be in the right place for my use aswell!
Got lucky there :)

MrF, appreciate the quote
clap.gif

Hypothetically speaking, If I were to order one (obv pay up frt 1st) what would an approx turn around be before I see it?

Last edited by a moderator: