Clutch Master Cylinder

iandecjak

Club Member
I need a replacement clutch master cylinder and ebay has one that states OE NABCO type?

I have a Sanyco one fitted which I imagine is the original but not sure if they are interchangeable??????

Can anyone help - both seem to be 5/8 inch bore with adjustable link...........

iandecjak

Club Member
Thanks Huw that was what I thought, had asked MJP but didn't get a response so ebay it is..........

Paul Henley

Club Member
Please don't make the same mistake many have when replacing your Clutch Master Cylinder. Many different suppliers provide what appears to be a very similar replacement, same bore, adjustable cylinder piston etc. However some do with a have a difference in the length of the piston and then you find you can't release your clutch. You should find though that you may well be able to just change the piston with the one from your original as it's just the length that is different. Just a tip.
Paul

iandecjak

Club Member
Ah OK I wondered if the length of the threaded rod would be different but didn't consider piston stroke.......I suppose if it is an issue I can try and switch pistons if the seals are interchangeable......thanks for advice Paul - much appreciated.

Paul Henley

Club Member
Happy to help, you don't need to remove the inner seals to change the piston rod as it sits external to the main body., From memory it's held in with a clip (item 11 in the attached picture) and easily exchanged.
Paul

Attachments

• DSC00607.JPG
    DSC00607.JPG
    551.1 KB · Views: 16