Classic Cars Live Mondello 14th June

jay28

Well-Known Forum User
Anyone up for this? I missed it last year but was supposed to have been a great show.

I emailed Mondello and they said you cant just show up on the day, you have to pre book your car in.

Jay

Joe NI

Club Member
hi jay might be able to get a few down from the north, il let you know asap....is there any age limit as we have in north in some big shows?

jay28

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Joe,

I'm not sure about the age limit to be honest but I'll find out.

Have you got your 260z back on the road yet?

Joe NI

Club Member
Hi jay , getting the 300 road legal again this month mot, tax, insurance renewed.
Hopefully get 260 mot'd next month after billing trip. Do you think you could bring 260 up to Ballymena sat 27th june for our datsun stand any other pre 1988 cars welcome also if you know any-one interested. This is a replacement for the yearly kilbroney 2000 show ......usually attracts about 1000 old cars. We need 8 for stand think we have 5 at mo....

jay28

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Joe,

Yeah I'll be able to go to that no problem at all,

Might be able to get Ozy to come along to, the guy with the blue fairlady

ozy

Well-Known Forum User
yeah, i was thinking of going to mondello alright, ill go up north too.

tell me what to do...

mondello: enter individually on the day
ballymena: use their online form and just type in datsun stand

just wanna confirm before i go and do it

datty240Z

Well-Known Forum User
Yep! Thats it. I've already applied for a stand so you just have to confirm that the Datsun stand is where you want to be.

jay28

Well-Known Forum User
OK just a couple of questions about filling out the registration form.

Which entry form do we use? Free club stand booking form? or ROI old vehicle entry form?

It also asks for club secretary name and so on?

datty240Z

Well-Known Forum User
Just use the ROI booking form and say that you want to park on the Datsun stand. I have already booked the club stand so dont worry about the club stand booking form. The ROI form doesn't ask for a secretaries name. I live only 5 miles from Ballymena Show Grounds so if you all wanted to meet up here or even come up here the day before that would be no problem.

jay28

Well-Known Forum User
Ok just printed it off, I'll post it tomorrow, Going up the night before sounds like a good idea!

ozy

Well-Known Forum User
i filled out the online form, but i stick in my details instead of the secretary's

ill do the same as jay and post in with cheque the ROI form.

meet up day before? thats an idea, less crap traveling the next day. id be up for that

jay28

Well-Known Forum User
Good stuff, I could meet you on the way up.

Got an email from mondello today asking for my name and address for registration for the classic cars live.

ozy

Well-Known Forum User
Good stuff, I could meet you on the way up.

Got an email from mondello today asking for my name and address for registration for the classic cars live.

meet? excellent!
mondello...again, just to be sure to be sure (aye begorra im a bogger) will i show up on mondello day or pre-book

funny story. i got invited to that northern show at the weekend. some guy was going around a local vintage show in th enortheast and no sooner had i parked the car, i was over and gave my 6 pages of invites. i checked it last night and it was the ROI entry form for ballymena. class job "wed like to have you there"
very friendly

jay28

Well-Known Forum User
You cant just show up on the day in mondello im afraid, you have to pre book it.

I filled out the form online last night for the northern show and paid up the 9 euro entry fee

datty240Z

Well-Known Forum User
OK, I've booked my space at Mondello. I told them the stand was the Datsun Z Club. I wasn't sure if anyone had booked a Z Club stand. As far as age limit is concerned they talk of pre 1978 being admissible and post 1978 at their discretion but in a seperate area, which is a bit unclear about actual 1978 cars. My guess would be that Joe's 1978 260Z would be admissible.

jay28

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah Ide say Joe's car would be safe enough.......Ok cool so were going to have a stand in Mondello too?

datty240Z

Well-Known Forum User
Well it says on their web site that if we have a stand the first 20 entries are free and there after there is a charge. You think we'll get more than 20?:lol:So I just said I wanted to park on the Datsun Z Club stand. Maybe you should send an e-mail and mention this.