Cheshire Shows 2012 (Tatton Park and special new events)

richiep

Club Member
Hi all,

I've received my usual annual pile of application forms from Cheshire Auto Promotions, who organize the June and August Tatton Park shows that the club have attended for many years. This year we have both those shows as normal, but also some exciting extras.

I will be submitting paperwork for all of the below to book our stand places, but I need to start gauging interest here (and off the forum too). The new shows below promise to be excellent opportunities and it would be good to get people beyond the NW/Cheshire Plainz region involved too.

After our great showing at the August 2011 Tatton Show (winning us a trophy for the stand on the basis of the line-up of 240s we had), I really want to up the ante this year.

All the below are free for exhibitors.

Classic & Performance Car Spectacular, Tatton Park, Knutsford, Cheshire - 3 DAY JUBILEE SPECIAL 2nd, 3rd, 4th June - our regular June show, but with an extra day on the bank holiday!

NEW SHOW - The Ultimate Classic Car Show, Oulton Park Race Circuit, Tarporley, Cheshire, 14th & 15th July. The Tatton experience, with the huge autojumble, transplanted to Oulton. There will be some opportunity for club parade laps of the track too. IMO, this is a must attend!

Classic, Vintage, & Sportscar Show, Tatton Park, 18th & 19th August - our regular August show.

NEW SHOW - PASSION FOR POWER MOTORSHOW, EventCity, Manchester (adjacent to the Trafford Centre) 29th & 30th Sept - this is an all-new static INDOOR event. We have been offered an 8 car stand and we would be daft to not aim for a really good showing at this. Cars have to be on site all weekend from Fri night to Sun teatime, but all exhibitors get a "support vehicle" pass and parking.

So, can people leave a general expression of interest in this thread and then I'll provide more details/request more info when we get closer to the show dates.

Nidge74

New Forum User
Z32 should be in attendance for all of the above.

Z31 should be in attendance for Tatton and Oulton Park, but doubtful for EventCity.

ozting

Well-Known Forum User
Cheshire life

Very interested. Please keep me posted as to tickets and so on.
Just moved to Cheshire (Marple Bridge) from London and keen to get involved.
Got 240z back from the menders now with cosworth box, Custom exhaust, Prop and all enjoying V8 4.1.

Respray looks nice too or at least I think so.

Roll on summer:thumbs:

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Hello, I'm a relatively new member based in Bramhall, though I have been on the forum quite a lot! Would be very happy to bring my 260Z to the two Tatton events and the Oulton event. Would only be able to be there for one day though on each occasion. Can't do the Events City one at all.

So, could attend on the following days:

Sat June 2
Sun July 15
Sat August 18

Hope that helps.

datsun dave

Club Member
Very interested. Please keep me posted as to tickets and so on.
Just moved to Cheshire (Marple Bridge) from London and keen to get involved.
Got 240z back from the menders now with cosworth box, Custom exhaust, Prop and all enjoying V8 4.1.

Respray looks nice too or at least I think so.

Roll on summer:thumbs:

Welcome to Cheshire :thumbs:.

JK240

Club Member
Hi Rich,

I cant make the early Tatton this year at all I'm sorry to say, but can do the Oulton Park July show, is there likely to be camping overnight do you know?

And depending on holidays I should be able to make the August Tatton park at least one day.

Will have to check nearer the time for the EventCity show though.

Cheers,

JK

ray100

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Richie,
Put me down for Tatton Park on the Sunday 3rd June & Saturday 18th August. NTC 795K.

Also.......

Brian Baker has expressed an interest in attending Tatton Park on the same dates above as me plus the Oulton Park meeting on Saturday 14th July . LMG 816K.
Cheers,see you there if not before.

S

steve Kemp

Hi Richie

Possible Tatton Park June 4th, Oulton Park meeting and might be available for the Manchester show need to book my Sept Holiday first to ensure I am available but holiday is normally early Sept.

Steve Kemp

richiep

Club Member
Hi all - the time has arrived for me to get confirmation of attendance for Tatton on the Jubilee weekend (2-3-4th June - remember this is an extended show taking in the Bank Holiday Monday too). Obviously, there's interest noted above. Please can everyone who wants passes please do the following:

PM me with their full name, car model & year, registration number, which days (Sat, Sun, Mon, or any combination of the three) and their address for posting the passes out when they arrive. Also, if you intend to camp over, let me know that too. I'll be chasing a few more people by phone over the next few days. I want to get this sorted within the next two weeks so as to get the forms in early and also because I am going to the US for a fortnight in early May.

ALSO:
I'd like to get the July 14th/15th Oulton attendance sorted if possible too. As with Tatton, please can you PM me the requested details/days of attendance.

Thanks!!!!

richiep

Club Member
I'm bumping this as I know there should be more interest out there and I need details! :)

We'd particularly benefit as a club/stand if anyone can make it on more than one day for these shows - keeps the stand better stocked!

Nidge74

New Forum User
Hi Rich

I am unable to commit at this time as there may be some changes to my fleet before the event.

I will let you know as soon as I do, but I understand that if the allocation is gone, it's just gone. :)

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
hiya cud u keep me posted on tickets for oulton park up for that weekend wont be in a zed be in a vw lupo jnr