Cheshire Plainz Social Group

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
The plan is that you can join a group, then you know who's in your group, you can group message, share pictures etc.

This should be a great help to the local group organiser or anyone else in that area to easily keep members aware of what is happening in the area

At the moment you will only be able to add your name and where applicable your Avatar will appear in the listing

It'll take a bit of dev to see how we use this feature, but I see it offering a way for you to pledge your allegiance to your local group(s) and stay in touch that way.

The only group area that has the message section open is the SOUTH WEST one that is being used as a test mule to try and develop the Local group social area

You can find this by going to

Forum -> User CP -> Social Groups

Or by clicking http://zclub.net/forum/group.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Dale

Club Member
Like the idea, but it seems quite hidden away. Will it mean the main site will become even quieter, or will we have two 'latest threads' sections on the main page?

Russ

Club Member
We have removed the ability to post/add pictures to the Social Groups.

It's a new feature that will evolve (by vBulletin) over the years to become something more functional. For now I think it's an easy way to sign up to your local group, then allow local group reps to contact all those in their group easily (I hope), nothing more than that :) I don't want to dilute the site more.

richiep

Club Member
If you go to the social groups page following the link above you can sign up to your local group. It just displays who is in the Cheshire Plainz (or others) group. I guess this push at the moment is trying to draw attention to the presence of this feature and try to drum up a bit more involvement in the local groups (which in the CP case really needs to happen tbh). With only 9 people signed up for Cheshire Plainz, there are plenty more who need to.

Ninehigh

Well-Known Forum User
Hehe I guess I'd better start going, just got to get a job which affords enough time off and "disposable income" to get there