central locking

Jimbo

1978 260z in yellow
Club Member
hi everyone,
i want to fit central locking into the 260 2+2 but the doors dont have any rubber bellows between door and body.
how can i run the cables from the car into the doors?
i presume im going to have to drill holes in the doors but where would be the best place to do it?
cheers

james

Mark N

Club Member
This is one of the tasks I have lined up for when I get home from work in around 10 days!
There is a factory hole in my doors between the hinges that I thought might be an option for opening up.
I haven't done any further investigating to see what's behind it or how far it moves relative to the body when the door is opened though.
I'll be watching this space to see what you come up with or if anyone has suggestions!

Jimbo

1978 260z in yellow
Club Member
will keep you posted
you say theres a factory hole in the door? i will have to have a look for that.
i might take a trip down the tat yard and see what rubber bellows i can find that would retro fit

toopy

Club Member
I think the main issue is the amount of space between the door pillar and door when its closed!

On a modern car the bellows tends to bend/flatten into an S shape in the gap when the door is shut, the S30 doesnt have any where near enough room IMO

johnymd

Club Member
I had central locking and electric windows in my old zed but can't remember how I ran the wires. I fitted it in the late 80's so not sure what I would of got from the breakers yards.