Carb hose

4683kelly

Well-Known Forum User
I thought this hose went to the air box but I've been told it doesn't, can anyone tell me where it does go and if I have any parts missing

Thanks

Attachments

• 20171011_160355.jpg
    20171011_160355.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44

Sam_C

Club Member
Yes, onto the back of the airbox if it's the one you are holding. Should be one of top of each float chamber and two pipes on the back of the airbox to run them to.

Paul Henley

Club Member
Hi, it does, please see the attached pics, one hose from each carb.
Paul

Attachments

• IMG_2353.JPG
    IMG_2353.JPG
    509.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2354.JPG
    IMG_2354.JPG
    593.4 KB · Views: 28

4683kelly

Well-Known Forum User
Hi thanks for that. We had them straight to the airbox but the car wouldn't start.. After taking them off and blowing down them the car starts.. Any thoughts?

Sam_C

Club Member
The tubes are vents for the float chambers. Theoretically, if they were blocked, that would create a vacuum In the chamber and could stop the fuel flowing out of the chamber and into the carb body. The blockage could be in the airbox tubes, in the rubber pipes ( which may have been kinked) or in the top of the float chamber. Might be an idea to take the tops off the float chambers and see if there is any debris on there and make sure the needle valves are not sticking in the "up" position and cutting the fuel off. And there is no debris floating around that might have been blocking the fuel outlet and you cleared it ( for now) by blowing down the tubes.

johnymd

Club Member
Could be down to the float levels. The float level or level of fuel in the float chamber is the height of the fuel in the jet. If this is too low then the fuel may not be sucked its the flow of air across the piston. Blowing down the vents will force fuel into the carb runners and probably allow it to start. Its the equivalent of poring a bit of fuel into the carbs which will make the engine fire up.

4683kelly

Well-Known Forum User
Ok that makes sense.. Will check float levels tomorrow..
Thanks guys will report back this weekend, fingers crossed with running engine!

4683kelly

Well-Known Forum User
Ok fiddled and cleaned float chamber etc, now fires into life.. Very Happy thanks guys.
Just needs tuning now I guess.
Started to bleed the brakes this morning, cant get any fluid out of the rear bleed nipple and the front calipers are on and not releasing..
Going for a gin n tonic, will try again in the morning!