Bumpers

gazc130

Active Forum User
I've just picked up a set of 240z bumpers today that need re-chroming, I'd like to know how much re-chroming would cost as well? Now i'm just waiting for the bit in the middle to turn up from the USA.

rahail240

Well-Known Forum User
Harrington bumpers decent enough in quality and finish.
Fitment/alignment leaves a bit to be desired

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Took me years to get hold of a great pair of bumpers at great expense & as soon as I had achieved this Harrington brought these out. If they had been there at the time I would have jumped at the chance, they even come with corner rubbers which are major expensive on there own. I have since read somewhere that they are not so good as originals ! how true that is I don't know. I could still be tempted by them as they will never rust or need rechroming.

As for rechroming bumpers this is major expensive for a good quality job (circa £400 at guess) & the bumpers need to be in very good sound condition in the first place to make it worthwhile.

rahail240

Well-Known Forum User
Have you got some Harrington's Rahail ? Also what happened to your car ?

Here you go
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 261
Last edited by a moderator:

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
I bought a Harrington front bumper for my 260Z. Been very happy with it. Nicely finished with rubber inserts in place. Pretty good fit too. Well protected on the inside and as it is stainless steel should not see any rust. Good service and delivery . . . but not cheap! Only taken one pic of the car since I had it fitted, but attached it so you can see. Can take some close-up photos and send them to you by email if you want.

Attachments

• IMG_00000157.jpg
    IMG_00000157.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 50

Mr.F

Inactive
Harrington bumpers are cheaper in real terms than Nissan OEM would be today if they were still available, particularly bearing in mind that they supply four corner rubbers as well - £180.00 OEM even with MJP discount!
There have been some quality control issues on Harrington sets supplied this year - brackets not quite in the right place and further issues of rear bumper curvature...
Nevertheless, better quality finish than Nissan ever supplied - many today would want to rechrome a new Nissan offering!

rahail240

Well-Known Forum User
Here you are Franky
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    901.3 KB · Views: 254
Last edited by a moderator:

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Guys,

I really appreciate all the advice and photos.

Wyn - you crack me up, everytime!! :D

Samuri-240: that is pretty much the ball park prices I've seen. So £500 odd for re-chrome that won't last as well v £700 for stainless steel makes it an easier equation.

Railhail: thanks for photos, I'm most envious, stunning car my friend. Much loved and polished!!!

Riddler: fellow 260 driver, thanks for the photo also of you gorgeous car. The front bumper looks sweet. But your droids are the wrong way up!! ;) Same as mine!

Mr F, aka The Oracle: you have me worried about the rear bumper is it worth a shot or waste of money?

Mr.F

Inactive
Issues have been minor and overcome. One rear bumper for a 260Z had to be supplied again. If they are paying attention, the problems shouldn't happen again...

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Thanks Mike! That's great to hear. I may give myself a Christmas pressie ;)

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Railhail: thanks for photos, I'm most envious, stunning car my friend. Much loved and polished!!!

Riddler: fellow 260 driver, thanks for the photo also of you gorgeous car. The front bumper looks sweet. But your droids are the wrong way up!! ;) Same as mine!

Agree, Rahail's car looks very nice. White really suits the car - and love those seats!
As for my 'droids' - I like the indicators where they are. Think they look better!

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
LOL, agreed! Hence why mine will remain as they are too! ;)

Leo40z

Well-Known Forum User
I've bought a Harrington rear bumper for 240z I went for the option without the mouldings but they are supplied .

I haven't fitted it has yet as I'm waiting for my fuel tank to come back from pro alloy.

The quality does look good though.

Leo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk