BRE tribute | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

BRE tribute

Discussion in 'Classifieds discussion' started by SeanDezart, Jan 10, 2018.

1. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C949267

"Fully U.K. registered with V5 ,not currently motd or road legal but could be with minor work".
    I thought that a car needed to be MOT'ed in order to be registered with a V5....?:confused:

2. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Membership Secretary Staff Member Committee Member

At a quick glance it looks a great car for the money.

The V5 only shows who is the registered 'keeper' of the vehicle. You don't need an MoT cert to keep a vehicle.

3. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

I’d guess a 30 footer. Based on the respray pics

4. chrisvega

chrisvega
    Z Club Member

You need an MOT before DVLA will register an import so how does this have a V5 yet no MOT is what Sean is getting at ? Strange there are no UK plates on it either. I smell BS.

5. TimW

TimW 1978 UK RHD 260z

Where's the catch. 17.5k, this doesn't look right to me.

6. Tony 260Z

Tony 260Z
    Z Club Member

The engine photo is of a red car too...:rolleyes:

7. Rob Gaskin

Too good to be true is always a warning but if I was 'in the market' I'd enquire but not release any money without seeing it.

MoT oh ok Chris - so how will that work with the new 40 year old ruling?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2018
  8. johnymd

johnymd
    Z Club Member

All that shines is not gold.

It's all too easy to look at overall pictures of the outside of a car and think "that looks nice". I'm not saying this isn't a good buy but never judge a book by it's cover. I'm guessing this was a stripped out well used track car that been prettied up with exterior paint and new wheels.

9. JK240

JK240
    Z Club Member

I quite like the look of it so Im going to ask the guy a few questions see what he says :)

10. Rob Gaskin

I like it too. Let us know how you go on please.

I'm not sure about the engine bay picture either. I think the car may appear red on a shot like that but what about that single central bonnet retaining pin on the latch - wouldn't that be visible on a bonnet shot?

11. johnymd

johnymd
    Z Club Member

I'm guessing the engine bay shot is old and pre paint.

12. Jay.

Jay.
    Z Club Member

It's possible that the car WAS MOT'd when it was Registered, and has since been turned into a track car and therefore unable to pass its MOT.

I saw this and would love it, but not convinced it's as nice as the advert seems to make out

13. JK240

JK240
    Z Club Member

No I don't think so, I've spoken to he vendor and he's had it a couple of years. I think he MOT'd it to get it registered after importing and it has since expired and not been renewed.

I'm hoping to go have a look next week if it's still available, but I got an interesting message from Dave Jarman last night that has thrown a spanner in....:)

14. JK240

JK240
    Z Club Member

Andy Muir and myself where going to go and have a look at this tomorrow, however when I've just emailed the guy to arrange the detail it's been sold apparently.

Saves me a few quid in diesel and buying Andy lunch anyway :cool: