Brake reconditioning question...

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
Sirs et all,

I have been in contact with this company over the months about my brake callipers. They seem well priced and look like they offer a good standard and service. I asked about getting the pistons and seals on their own and got this reply. I just wanted to ask if this information is correct.

Hi Matt, you should have the standard twin 54mm piston calipers fitted to your vehicle.
The kit is the same one as used on the Cortina. The piston however has a slightly different style to the Cortina. Its exactly the same diameter and .01 mm taller which should not make any difference. The part that pushes against the pad is slightly different but again this should not present any problems.
I mention this because we do not have the original pistons and they are £17.95 each. As apposed to the complete Cortina kit 4 pistons and seals for both calipers i can sell you for £45 Including UK postage.
If you would like to order or discuss please telephone when we are open on 01905 428793

Many thanks

Matt

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Forget the whole idea.
IMO Total waste of valuable time and effort to end up with **** but rebuilt brakes
Hi Lux calipers ad Peugeot vented discs.
I can do you a whole kit for very sensible money or you can source all the stuff yourself and save a little on my package price:unsure:

toopy

Club Member
Forget the whole idea.
IMO Total waste of valuable time and effort to end up with **** but rebuilt brakes
Hi Lux calipers ad Peugeot vented discs.
I can do you a whole kit for very sensible money or you can source all the stuff yourself and save a little on my package price:unsure:

Pete, i will need to replace my front discs and pads in the very near future, and thus was considering an upgrade.
Is said kit a bolt straight on affair, and i presume the discs are new items and the calipers used?
Whats a ball park figure for the whole kit please, delivered?

Thanks Anthony