Bluetooth OBDII

Mr.F

Inactive
<iframe src="http://rcm-eu.amazon-adsystem.com/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=go2emedia09-21&o=2&p=8&l=as4&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=ss_til&asins=B00CRU5USS" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Cool device plugs into OBD socket (350Z and 370Z, all cars from 1999 onwards). Download OBD reader software for your phone - instant diagnostic tool in your pocket. Best software also does acceleration timing, quarter mile timing etc. Torque Scan works well and costs just a few pounds. Available for iPhone and Android.

For less than £20 you have a sophisticated diagnostic system displaying real time gauges, graphing performance and logging test results!

Last edited by a moderator:

TomZupra

Well-Known Forum User
Agree, got one of the cheap ebay dongles and "Torque" app and can read out all the real time info and fault codes on the daily drive.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
This is great! I have a Gendan VCDS cable and free software from Rosstech which I use for the Audi. Have diagnosed issues main dealers have been stuck on with my friends' cars. Very highly recommended if you tinker with VAG cars.

The cable did cost £300 though, so this is an absolute bargain Mike!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I'm way out of my comfort zone with this sort of stuff so I need to ask a basic question :eek:

I have a 2009 370Z - are you saying that I can buy this and with an App. I can read any fault codes or even see if there are any?

I have an HTC phone (off my lad) and have never used an App. or tweeted or gone on Facebook so that is the sort of guy I am.

However I service my car myself and do a great job and take a great deal of care, however I have no idea what it is doing electronically (no fault lights of course). So when I come to sell it I could describe my servicing well but the buyer might say 'but a dealer scans the fault codes' .

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul_S

Club Member
It's a generic OBDII reader so it won't understand some of the Nissan-specific codes but it will list things like lambda sensors, component faults, temperatures, etc.

You can clear most engine codes but it won't do BCM codes like air bag lights.

The app will also record revs, speed, 0-60, etc. so it's fun too!

Mr.F

Inactive
Definitely fun to use, particularly the real time analog display gauges.
Will work via any OBDII socket. Pretty straightforward set-up on the phone. Will store data for numerous vehicles.