Beautiful yellow 240Z

JK240

Club Member
Very nice indeed, but good job he's in no rush to sell at £46k...!

Cars at this price are struggling to sell at the moment....

johnymd

Club Member
From what I’ve experienced, European buyers are more inclined to spend this sort of money than the majority of UK buyers. That why LHD cars tend to be worth more than RHD cars in our European marketplace. IMO.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
From what I’ve experienced, European buyers are more inclined to spend this sort of money than the majority of UK buyers. That why LHD cars tend to be worth more than RHD cars in our European marketplace. IMO.

Had this one visit me today, bought in the UK (Tim) !

And yes Preet and European buyers watch the UK sites for LHD bargains.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    297.1 KB · Views: 54

datsfun

Club Member
Well, I guess that proves my point that a UK buyer is unlikely to spend GBP46k on a stock LHD s30. Whilst in Euroland, where they drive on the wrong side, in today's market I can see how super tidy examples are fetching > EUR50k.

Not wanting to be picky, why stick an ugly filter king \malpassi? Fuel regulator in an otherwise impeccable engine bay, especially as the car is running factory SU's and not the triple DCOE juicy taps ? It's a cracking car and I guess will sell quickly if as you say Sean, top LHD cars are making that in Europe.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Agreed on the pressure regulator although it's there for a reason if you read the advert - electric fuel pump !

Yes, you're right but then when others say it aint worth that in the UK...they're right too BUT it IS advertised in the UK and if sold near that price, technically it was sold at that price 'in' the UK market so it's worth what your side ?;)

datsfun

Club Member
I did see the electric fuel pumps mounted under the car;)

The reason it's advertised on that "UK" site is due to the traffic and popularity of the site. Not that seller is trying to target UK buyers I am sure.

"Worth" is a subjective word indeed. Reminds me of a saying can home..."one man's food is another's poison."

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Reminds me of a saying can home..."one man's food is another's poison."
Only if you eat in North London:D

Well, why can't anyone run an electric fuel pump with "especially as the car is running factory SU's and not the triple DCOE juicy taps " ?

260Zs had them and they ran on twin carbs.

datsfun

Club Member
Well, why can't anyone run an electric fuel pump with "especially as the car is running factory SU's and not the triple DCOE juicy taps " ?

260Zs had them and they ran on twin carbs.

Exactly, 260Z's had them from factory , this isn't a 260.:p
For the state of tune, the mechanical fuel pump is more than sufficient I reckon.
If you wanted electric pumps, then the correct low pressure pump should suffice ( with \ without ) a discreet regulator.

Easy fix for new owner ( if it bothers them:D)

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
This is right up my street, nice to see one with a lot of sensible upgrades to make a nice driver. I definitely need to find more money and up my game! lol

Quality should always sell at the right price. It does seem Europeans are keener to spend that sort of money on the family of cars, they sell more regular. How many of the MZR builds for this year are European clients? Reads as most.

JK240

Club Member
True Flanky, but as seen with the blue car on eBay recently, some LHD cars are just not seen as value over here, with that particular car not even making £15k.

And one that you'll love, Duncan Hamilton have been advertising GED 220N for nearly a year at £47,500
2+2 and in a particular colour scheme maybe, but the quality of the work isn't in doubt...?

Sorry off topic, Sean.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
The yellow car:

As I have said on numerous occasions it will find it's true value and so there's not a lot of point discussing the asking price unless someone is going to make an offer. Advertise high and let someone make an offer, advertise low and you may sell too cheaply.

IMO if you are going to lower a car and fit big wheels in needs to have a bit more power otherwise it's no quicker than a standard car in a drag race.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
IMO if you are going to lower a car and fit big wheels in needs to have a bit more power otherwise it's no quicker than a standard car in a drag race.

Won't win Celebrity Bake Off on Ice either...

I must have missed the note telling everybody that winning drag races was more important than anything else.