Barn find 240z uk car.

DarrenM

Well-Known Forum User
After years of trying I managed to buy this last year, a U.K. Market 1971 car.

Attachments

• IMG_1313.jpg
    IMG_1313.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 179

Farmer42

Club Member
After years of trying I managed to buy this last year, a U.K. Market 1971 car.

Some more details & pics would be good.

Where did you find it?
What made you want one (apart from the obvious)?
Was it the first you looked at?
What sort of condition is it in (floors, panels, engine etc.)?
How long had it been sat?
What are your plans for it?

DarrenM

Well-Known Forum User
My interest in Zeds was from seeing them about in the (late 80's) and then seeing a 260z 2 seater for sale mid 90's and buying it ( reg RAC 200M ). It was tatty and fairly rusty and mostly ran like a pig but I really liked it. I had a '67 Mustang as well at the time and it was a hard choice which one to restore, I eventually did the Mustang but sold that in the late 90's.

Fast forward to aroun 2010 and I am the owner of a '66 Mustang. While walking my dog in my village I spotted the 240z tucked away in the corner of a near neighbours garage. I eventually managed to speak to the owner but he had plans of getting it back on the road and didn't want to sell.

I spoke to him every time I saw him and sadly for him his health had deteriorated by 2016 and he agreed I could now buy it!

So all these years later I now have a Mustang and a Z again!

It has been off the road since 1978 so has only done 47,000 miles!

I plan to resurrect her this Spring.

Last edited:

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
Interesting looking tyres, M&S or forest spec?

Well done, hope you enjoy it.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
It is amazing that interesting cars can still be 'unearthed' tucked away in garages.

I would really like to see more pics.

The front appears to have been modified with strange quarter bumpers? Am I right, is so perhaps it had spotlights at some time. So the M&S tyres might have been fitted for 'sport' reasons.