ballymena classic show sat 27th june

datty240Z

Well-Known Forum User
Hey Jay,

Sorry to hijack the thread. That would be great if you could come up to Ballymena. As Joe says if we don't get 8 entries we won't be allocated a Club stand. If you want to enter you can do it online here
The Association of Old Vehicle Clubs Classic Show at Ballymena Showgrounds | Entry Forms

Remember to say your on the Datsun stand or you'll just be allocated a spot in the general area.

I'll be taking my 240Z and maybe another 1 or 2 Datsuns.

jay28

Well-Known Forum User
I'm gonna book a hotel for the night shortly, can you recommend anywhere close to the show grounds?

Cheers

Jay

datty240Z

Well-Known Forum User
You don't need a hotel. My wife and one of my daughters are away for the weekend so you can stay at my house. :thumbs:

jay28

Well-Known Forum User
Well thats very kind of you to offer!! Im trying to talk my "ex" yes its very complicated, out of going, I told her she will find it very boring. If she decides she still wants to go I'll get a hotel, but if she decides not to I'll take you up on the offer!!

Thanks very much.

datty240Z

Well-Known Forum User
OK. There aren't really any budget hotels in Ballymena just expensive ones. In Antrim, about 11 miles from Ballymena, there is the Holiday Inn Express at Junction 1 shopping centre and the Comfort Inn at Dunsilly.

datty240Z

Well-Known Forum User
If you want more expensive but close to Ballymena Show grounds try the Adair Arms Hotel, about 1 mile, or Leighinmore House Hotel, about 2 miles.

jay28

Well-Known Forum User
Ok cheers for that Datty, might tell her we'll have to stay in a tent, that will change her mind :D

I'll let you know whats happening asap

Jay

T

tulip

hi andrew, been really busy of late, am i still required as a driver for 1 of your datsuns:cool: that weekend

Joe NI

Club Member
Hi Trish, i think he wants you to drive the sunny mustang, its just through mot, hes prob away to bed now as he has to get up early to wake the neighbours and make his porridge:lol:it'l be good to see you again...are you goin to the mondello show next week?

datty240Z

Well-Known Forum User
hi andrew, been really busy of late, am i still required as a driver for 1 of your datsuns:cool: that weekend

Hi Trish, yes if you want to come up for the show I certainly need another driver. I'll even let you drive the 240, though it might put you off wanting one:eek:

6:30, time for me to go put the porridge on, Joe.

T

tulip

Hi Trish, yes if you want to come up for the show I certainly need another driver. I'll even let you drive the 240, though it might put you off wanting one:eek:

6:30, time for me to go put the porridge on, Joe.
i will drive whatever datsun:D you want if you let me off in the 240 i could head for dublin:thumbs:
i will be in touch next week about arrangements
btw do you take tuna on the porridge

jay28

Well-Known Forum User
Porridge and weetabix, yum yum!!

God I hope the weather is good for the show, Its lashing here today.

I havent driven my car in the wet yet, and dont really want to.

Joe NI

Club Member
I havent driven my car in the wet yet, and dont really want to.

Hiya Jay...dont like driving in rain either with the 260, keep thinkin its goin to dissolve as i'm driving....need a bit of luck with weather this year, my drivers side wiper blade flew off as i was driving in rain never to be seen again last time we were caught out on the way to a show:(

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Can't wait for this show so you guys can get some lovely pictures for us. Or someone could write an article for the summer issue of the magazine. It's all good!

jay28

Well-Known Forum User
My wipers have a mind of their own, Ive only ever used them after washing the car, They wont work when I turn them on, but work when I turn them off..........

Should be a good show looking forward to it, Mondello next weekend should be good too.

jay28

Well-Known Forum User
Well Booked the hotel today, went for the Aidir arms in the end, Think Ozy is booking the same hotel.

The other Hotel that was mentioned was fully booked for the friday night!

datty240Z

Well-Known Forum User
Great, looking forward to the show. See you at Mondello on Sunday. We're leaving here at about 7:30 so hope to be there about 9:30 - 10:00.

datty240Z

Well-Known Forum User
Well Booked the hotel today, went for the Aidir arms in the end, Think Ozy is booking the same hotel.

The other Hotel that was mentioned was fully booked for the friday night!

What time are you planning to be there and maybe we could meet up the night before the show?

jay28

Well-Known Forum User
I was hoping to be there around 7pm........I'll mention it to Ozy as im meeting him on the way up.

Never been to Antrim before, Isn't Ballymena Ian Paisley country :eek: And its marching season :eek:

I take it I'll be safe enough in the hotel having a few quiet pints