AZC Front Brake Fitment

racer

Club Member
Hi Ian, is this the extra big AZC Kit? If so I don't think anyone on here has that set up.
Looking at the thread it appears that just a bit of modding on the control arm is needed. Unless you go for the custom arms aswell :D

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Would bump-steer spaces between strut and TCA get over this?

However you may then have problems with wheel clearance

racer

Club Member
Yes your right Rob. I run the spacers on my car and the arm is below the bottom of the disk but, I am running a much smaller standard disk. I don't think the issue will be insurmountable either way.

Late night Ian? Out on the razzel!

Mr.F

Inactive
I have encountered this problem with some AZC kits before. The problem is cured by grinding away the the outer face of the lower control arm, BUT a fussy MOT tester over here would consider that an original part has been significantly weakened and may fail the car on that basis.
Expensive, but Dave at AZC does produce a nice billet lower control arm which has no outer face, thus alleviating the problem altogether.

Ian

Club Member
Hi Ian, is this the extra big AZC Kit? If so I don't think anyone on here has that set up.
Looking at the thread it appears that just a bit of modding on the control arm is needed. Unless you go for the custom arms aswell :D
Nope, its just the normal kit, 12.2 inch rotors. I can see that you can mod the arm but it seems some people have done so and still have clearance issues.

Would bump-steer spaces between strut and TCA get over this?

However you may then have problems with wheel clearance
This may help, which is good as I'm going to run AZC shorter steering arms with bump steer spacers, wheel clearance should still be ok as I'll have 16's

Late night Ian? Out on the razzel!
Late night yes, but due to work, I work all hours and non stop at the moment, I was on the late shift last night. Finished at 4, up again at 12 and will probably work tonight untill 12. All worth it though as I should get a nice big tip from this charter and even better I'm flying home tomorrow for a 6 week Holiday.

I have encountered this problem with some AZC kits before. The problem is cured by grinding away the the outer face of the lower control arm, BUT a fussy MOT tester over here would consider that an original part has been significantly weakened and may fail the car on that basis.
Expensive, but Dave at AZC does produce a nice billet lower control arm which has no outer face, thus alleviating the problem altogether.
I hope mine won't fail, I will be running a spacer so as pointed out above, this will help and I might not have to grind much. I don't want to run aftermarket arms as I don't want metal joints, this is mainly a road car so I want to stick with hard rubber or poly bushes.

GTR-240Z

Well-Known Forum User
Before fitting the disc/hub grind the lip on the outer bottom of the arm and remove around a 1/3 of the bottom edge. The disc will mainly interfere with the arm when on full lock so focus on gently grinding the corners to.

GTR-240Z

Well-Known Forum User
5sv.png

Ian

Club Member
Thanks for that, doesn't look like you had to take off too much which is good.