Any one go to tatton park last week end

richiep

Club Member
Yes we did do Tatton - we had 11 cars I think each day from across the Z range, including Andy Shaw's RB-engined 240Z on Saturday and JK240's (Jonathan Kinghorn's) 260Z Super Samuri on Sunday. Other attendees incl. Dave Holland (240z), Graham Illsley (260Z 2+2), Robin Smith (240Z), Pete Hampson (350Z), Ray Martin (240Z), Phil Andrew (Z32 soft top x2), Paul Yates (300zx), Neil Marston (Z31), Stuart Stevenson (280zx 2+2). We also had another Z32 and a drift-spec R33 Skyline. Not sure If I've forgotten anybody!!

All in all it went very well - I'd say we had a good spot and had a lot of interest and admiring comments on the cars throughout. I got interviewed and had photos taken with my car for some classic car mag as part of a show report (Classic Cars Monthly or something like that..). The weather was awesome on Saturday, less so on Sunday but luckily most of the rain happened during the night/early morning and the Sunday show was relatively dry overall.

I've got a couple of photos to get off the camera - I'll add them here later. In the meantime, found this of my car from Saturday on Flickr today:

IMG_6116 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Next year we really must remember the bunting though and get some flags for the stand.

richiep

Club Member
Nice pics Neil! I hardly took any from around the show unfortunately! I'll put the few I took of the Z stand on this thread tomorrow night...

JK240

Club Member
Wow Nidge, you were a busy fella with your camera, some nice photo's there!!

I hardly took any pics at all, too busy chatting and wandering round. Enjoyed the day on Sunday, even though the weather was not brilliant first and last thing especially compared to Saturday and it was nice to meet some of you guys.

And I agree with you Rich, need to have some banners, flags etc for the next time.

I am at Leighton Hall on the11th July, does anyone else come this far north...:)

Edited to say Leighton Hall carnforth is the 11th July, Penrith is 20th June!! Linky for Penrith is here Events Diary - Hutton-in-the-Forest

Last edited by a moderator:

richiep

Club Member
Crikey Val - I hadn't realised until now that you hadn't turned up! Tut tut! It was probably due to my elevated stress levels on Sunday morning as I was late arriving and at first the stewards/jumped up Nazis wouldn't let me in (until the show organiser told them to) - elf n' safety and all that ballcocks...

Nidge74

New Forum User
I do like to take pictures, :)

And it's good for all those that didn't/couldn't go. They can get there from their own armchair...

There's a reason why I carry 2 batteries and 2 memory cards for my camera. :)

Also, I reckon I only really covered about 50% of the show cars with the camera. It was too hot on the saturday for carrying things like cameras around

daZvert

Forum User
Hi Guys, Thanks for the warm welcome on Sunday, I had a great time, sorry i had to go early but was nice to meet some new and old faces again, hope to see you all soon at the next meet.
Daz.

daZvert

Forum User
owned by guy who goes by the name of daVert believe he also owns a Z31

Yeh thats me! I have a lovely red manual z31, a silver z32 TT manual, and my black z32 vert, oh.. and also 2 z32 scrappers for parts, so yes i`m a bit of a z nugget!!
I Dont come on here much as i`m on another club and spend all of my spare time on it, Thanks to all the lads i met especially Pete hampson who always gives a warm welcome :bow:

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Yeh thats me! I have a lovely red manual z31, a silver z32 TT manual, and my black z32 vert, oh.. and also 2 z32 scrappers for parts, so yes i`m a bit of a z nugget!!
I Dont come on here much as i`m on another club and spend all of my spare time on it, Thanks to all the lads i met especially Pete hampson who always gives a warm welcome :bow:

No probs mentioning the other club over here Bud
Any pickies of the Z31 as there are not that many left on the road and would be nice to see it

daZvert

Forum User
bloody hell that looks sweet :thumbs:
really would be nice to see it out and about :driving:

CheerZ Bud, It is really clean and tidy, It is stored in my nans garage and it hasnt been out for years :( I drove it to the lake district about 2 years ago and thats about it, I go every 3/4 months and start her up, she fires 1st time every time,Keeping it as an investment really, not too sure if it will be ever worth loads but will sell it one day if i ever need to, Tis a nice drive though! nothing like the z32`s but nice in a different way :thumbs: