Any interest in new spindle pins?

Now closed-updated to cover those who had PM'd before I updated the thread.

I'll see about getting them yellow zinc coated also.

I'm having some made up, would anyone else like a set, it'll be about £25 a pair with nuts. They'll be the correct 1.25mm pitch nuts so perfect replicas of the originals.

List full!

1. Franky - paid
2. Yellowz - paid
3. Status - paid
4. RichieP - paid
5. candy red - paid
6. Sean - Paid
7. Woody928
8. UK66fastback - paid
9. Red 7 - paid
10. farmer42
11. atomman
12. bobafet
13. Maxim
14. Smiley

Last edited by a moderator:

Turn & Burn

Club Member
Not sure what ur going to make them from, but I discovered you could buy plated grade 8.8 bolts for about £2.50 each, way cheaper than ht steel bar. I machined the ends down and cut the correct threads. I cut the cotter pin groove with a grinder and and finished with a file.

Not sure what ur going to make them from, but I discovered you could buy plated grade 8.8 bolts for about £2.50 each, way cheaper than ht steel bar. I machined the ends down and cut the correct threads. I cut the cotter pin groove with a grinder and and finished with a file.

They're being CNC machined by a proper engineering shop. I forget the grade of steel off hand but the same as standard. I did think of stainless but it just doesn't offer any flex and is more liable to snap.

Where can you buy 16mm thick bolts that long for £2.50 from?

Turn & Burn

Club Member
The local engineering supplies company, £5 cash for two.
They're not stainless, just high tensile, I work with stainless and must say I'm not really a fan either. It's alright for show, but I wouldn't generally use it for structural stuff.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Apparently looking around the 'net getting these OUT is one of the worst jobs ... some speak about a tool that does the job ... are they really that bad?

I better have a set on the shelf just in case, so add me too please.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Had to burn a set out of my z once,changed suspicion a few times since and was ok,I have one spare at home but always worth having a set knocking around