An old lurker exposes himself

GongZ

New Forum User
Hello all,

I am a 240Z owner from Wollongong, about a one-hour drive south from Sydney, Australia.

I bought my car in 1985 when it had just over 19,500 miles on the odometer. The car was totally original and had an automatic transmission. I converted it to manual using a 280ZX gearbox, and swapped in a worked 1971 240Z engine at the same time (in 1989).

For various reasons I took the car off the road in 1994, and it is still hiding in my garage.

I am now gathering parts and planning how to get the car roadworthy again. I have been, as the title of the thread states, a lurker here since 2010. I am, however, quite active on the AusZcar (www.viczar.com.au) forum with same user name (GongZ).
This picture is of my car in its prime at a concours event in 1991.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Concours 1991.jpg
    Concours 1991.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited by a moderator:

SacCyclone

Club Member
Welcome long time lurker, good to see you out in the sunlight. Beautiful blue on that Z, very nice. I will have to come over and take a gander on the AusZcar site. Good luck with the resurrection and congrats.

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Hello from the other side of the world. Lovely looking car. Good luck getting it back on the road. You'll not regret it and you have the weather over there to get out and drive it!

uk66fastback

Club Member
Hello Lurker ...

How do cars in that condition, suddenly go into hiding for over 20 years? Has it been covered up, on blocks, brick on the clutch pedal, fluids drained etc or just left to gather dust? Love to see it in its current condition!