Alternative axles?

johnymd

Club Member
My 280zx axles, which were brand new Nissan items last year, are already showing a large amount of ware so I'm looking for alternatives. I would like to fix the issue once and for all with new parts that will last. The only off the shelf solution seams to be from wolf creek racing and looks reasonably priced at $900. Anyone have any experience with these?

Mr.G

Club Member
Johny, I purchased the m2 differentials z31 hardened and thicker axles some time ago and won't be requiring them anymore, if you're interested let me know and I'll dig out all the info. I've got.. They've been kept bagged up in a box since I bought them. I also purchased the MM flanges at the time and the chequered flag racing stub axles...

I can photograph everything all unused and new.

johnymd

Club Member
Use the Z31T setup, its much stronger
How much stronger? The one's I'm using are the same as the US 280zxt.

I'm interested George. Send me a PM with an all in price.

Ian

Club Member
How much stronger? The one's I'm using are the same as the US 280zxt.
Supposedly a lot stronger, its a better and beefier design of CV and coupled with the stronger thicker custom shafts needed for the conversion and the billet stub axles its unlikely to fail. Heard of many guys having problems with the ZXT setup once power levels rose but have been fine since switching to Z31.

Its definitely a more expensive setup, but I didn't want any breakages so thought it worthwhile. Hoping once my OS Giken CLSD goes in I'll have a bulletproof driveline.