aircon pod on 91 300zx jap import model stays on

dazza1

New Forum User
hi there,
in need of some help with the aircon pod on 91 jap import swb,non turbo fairlady model.

my aircon pod lcd display stays on when i have no keys in the ignition.
have had the drivers footwell fuse panel out and changed the 6 relays at the back,and bought a new ignition switch,and is still the same.
as this drains battery after say a day or so,and i have to keep disconnecting the battery so it dont drain.

does any body know what the problem is?

any help would be great as no one has any answers and ive had this problem for a while

thanks
darryl

youngr300zx

Well-Known Forum User
Don't suppose you changed the radio around the time it started happening?
On my z31 (I know they are completely different and don't have the pods but worth a shot!) when I put a new stereo in my heater blower suddenly became 'always live', I had the always live feed and the ignition live mixed up on the radio....I don't know why this made the blower always live but when I changed the wires round it sorted the issue.

Mr.F

Inactive
With many mystery electrical problems, the first questions to ask centre around "what did you fit just before this started happening?" or "what other systems may or may not be working?".

I believe that all connections to the control panel originate from the A/C control amplifier. Any work done in that area?