Agreed valuation service for insurance | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Agreed valuation service for insurance

Discussion in 'Club discounts' started by STEVE BURNS, Aug 14, 2010.

1. STEVE BURNS

STEVE BURNS
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member Committee Member

Not a discount as such but a big big benifit

Read with interest elsewhere that someone was looking for a valuation on thier Z and would like to remind everybody that this is a service that has been in place for many years on the Z Club and it is recognised by all the insurance companies since we started it many years ago

The only disadvantage is you have to be a paid up member of the club for it to be done and also beware that if your membership lapsed your insurance agreed value based on the official valuation could become void

Before you say rubbish we have had a couple of the insurance companies facing a claim contacted us to ask if the claimant was still a member and luckily they were

This service is worth the £15 membership fee alone besides all the other advantages you get as well as helping financing the running of the Z Club

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2015
  2. zpuppy

zpuppy New Forum User

Ive used the clubs service just recently with Adrian Flux ,, quick and easy. Some photos and a good honest description of the car, 2 phone calls and presto ! :thumbs: Now im not worried about getting 300 quid if I write off the car (god forbid ) :driving:

3. Bartflaster

Bartflaster New Forum User

Guys, were do I find the info for this service ?

4. andy

andy New Forum User

Contact the following member:

http://zclub.net/forum/members/moggy240.html

With the following details:

HOW TO GET A ZCLUB VALUATION !!!!!

1. you need to be a paid up member of ZCLUB.NET/300ZX-CLUB.COM
    2. You'll need six photos (front,rear,left side,right side, interior , engine bay )
    3. A stamped addressed envelope
    4. PHOTOCOPY of Club Membership card
    5. PHOTOCOPY REG DOCUMENT
    6. DESCRIPTION OF CAR ie. MONEY SPENT,RECEIPTS, MODIFICATIONS ETC
    more info the better !!!!!!!

5. STEVE BURNS

STEVE BURNS
    ZClub Administrator

The reason you need to contact him is so he can give you his address so you can post the stuff through to him

6. moggy240

moggy240 INSURANCE VALUATIONS OFFICER Committee Member

just click on my red highlighted name to get the contact details if you are unsure or reply to this thread and i will send you my details

7. Bartflaster

Bartflaster New Forum User

Thanks guys, I got some pics today, but didn't do the engine bay doh !
    I'll get that sorted and then PM you Moggy240 :)

8. Gonzo12c

Gonzo12c New Forum User

This is such a good thing to have on your insurance i had mine done by zedworld and the car is now valued at over 2k more than what i paid for it and thought it was worth :)

9. big rex 2

big rex 2 Forum User

Hi Moggy,

Would you be able to PM your details, I 'm trying to get an agreed insurance value.

many thanks,

Adam

10. Mr Ex Jnr

Mr Ex Jnr Zeds is the way iv been shown Staff Member

eval

hi i am wanting a written evaluation for insurance purposes for the samuri it last evaluation is few years old and need updating this is the old one in the picture. cheers christian

Attached Files:

• mh1.jpg
      mh1.jpg
      File size:
      273.3 KB
      Views:
  11. Stockdale

Stockdale
    Z Club Member

A recent thread related to values of early Z's revealed that there was no real information. Just wondering whether the valuation service, however well intentioned, has firm information of value for insurance purposes? My own impression (and it is nothing more than that) is that replacement is likely to be undervalued.

12. STEVE BURNS

STEVE BURNS
    ZClub Administrator

Hi Adam best and quickest way would be to give moggy a pm in case you post gets missed

13. STEVE BURNS

STEVE BURNS
    ZClub Administrator

Hi Christian best and quickest way would be to give moggy a pm in case your post gets missed

14. Mr.G

Mr.G
    Z Club Member

Interesting, I always thought they verged on the optimistic side since it's an insurance evaluation to cover the replacement cost rather then market value. Hence the club's valuation takes into consideration all the money you've spent on the car including all the improvements, mods etc. (that's why bills are asked for). This is so you can benefit from seeking an insurance policy on agreed value, and should you have an accident you will get more then the standard market value....

15. moggy240

moggy240 INSURANCE VALUATIONS OFFICER Committee Member

Replied to requests but they will be a delay as I have few to do at moment.must be silly season.

16. richiep

richiep
    Z Club Member

Well I saved you some effort. I self-certificated my revaluation this morning (I can do that up to a value of 100k for a 20 quid charge with my insurer). A significant revision of my agreed value based on conversations at Donington with Fourways and others - I now feel slightly more comfortable driving the car again!

17. Stockdale

Stockdale
    Z Club Member

Maybe a little pedantic but 'evaluation' and 'valuation' are slightly different things. The most important is 'valuation'. This is normally a professional judgement of value based on many reliable factors. 'Evaluation' is an estimation of specific worth and can be very subjective.

I do applaud any willingness to offer a valuation service but worry that they might easily be exposed to liability if it were found inaccurate. The legal world is not the same place it was when I was a young man:(. Any shortfall will (and I find frequently in my line of work) can easily result in claim.

18. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Membership Secretary Staff Member Committee Member

It's a difficult one and claims are something a Z Club committee member should not be exposed to. Perhaps when you get a valuation it should be agreed with Mike in writing so no claim can be made against him.

I have two cars valued by Mike. I'm happy with the figures because that' s what I think I could sell them for. If they get written off at least I wouldn't have lost anything financially, however I could not replace them for that.

I don't think I could replace my 'original car' with like-for-like anywhere to be honest and the modified car would cost more than it's sale value to replace. So yes perhaps I'm naive.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  19. Stockdale

Stockdale
    Z Club Member

I don't think that you are in any way naive Rob. Quite the contrary. My original question was intended merely to explore the real basis of 'valuation'. I think agreed values are probably the way to go if insurers are content and am not entirely certain that 'valuations' are appropriate. I supect, given the diversity of 'Z's remaining in the UK that replacements are not possible on a like for like basis but compensation will at least make things a little easier if things really do go wrong!

20. Ray

Ray
    Z Club Member