8j x 17. Has anyone got a set I could borrow for a few hours

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
Cheeky I know, but has anybody got a set of 8 x 17's I could borrow for a few hours. Reason, I would like to try them on my Z before I go and order a set as I'm not sure they will fit. Some of the guys on here say yes they will and others have the opinion that they won't so I guess the best way to find out is to try them. I'm currently on 7 x 17. 4x114.3 +6mm offset. With 225 rubber on the rear & 205 on the front. Slightly rolled rear arches and lowered on Eibach's.
Cheers

status

Well-Known Forum User
They should fit the rear but you might need coilovers for the front as they will hit the spring

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Not answering the question actually, but you're welcome to try my 7x17s (with spacers)

johnymd

Club Member
If you have the offset details of the new wheels you should be able to very accurately compare with your current setup and see if it will hit or miss.

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
what profile?
tyre profiles = 45.

status
They should fit the rear but you might need coilovers for the front as they will hit the spring
We don't want that now do we! ;)

jonbills
Not answering the question actually, but you're welcome to try my 7x17s (with spacers)
I may well take you up on that Jon. I text you on Saturday & see if you're about.

If you have the offset details of the new wheels you should be able to very accurately compare with your current setup and see if it will hit or miss
My current rims Konig 7 x 17. 4x114.3 +6mm offset..
Wanting to fit Rota RKR 8 x 17 4 x 114.3 e-15 to +0/ e+5 to +15
How I would calculate from that I haven't a clue :unsure: :eek:

mrM go on willtheyfit.com should help you work it out
I'll go take a look. Never know I may even learn something :D

Thankyou chaps :thumbs:

johnymd

Club Member
So........

The wheel is wider by 12.5mm inside and out. The et moves the position of the wheel in or out. If you go from +6 to 0 with 8" wheels then the outside of the wheel will move out 6+12.5mm and the inside will move in 6.5mm.

To sum up, you will need 6.5mm more room inside and 18.5mm more room to the arch.

Hope this helps.