5th August -SEKZ Essex BoyZ Day Out

Mr.F

Inactive
5th Aug—12-00 midday: SEKZ Monthly Meeting

Essex BoyZ Day Out— see Paul Eaton’s directions below.

Ok everyone: the August meet is at a pub called the Prince of Wales,Brick End, Broxted, Dunmow, Essex,CM6 2BJ.

OK that’s that out of the way, now here are directions for those that are able to use a road atlas ‘cos as the address says, it ain’t in Dunmow so pay attention. Directions from the M11: come off the M11 at J8 and head for Stanstead Airport (A120), take the slip road off into the airport. When you come to the roundabout go straight on (2nd exit) go to the next roundabout (this is the terminal) take the 4th exit as if to turn right. When you come off here there is a small roundabout right in front of you: turn left and continue about 1 mile. You will see a pub at one o’clock. Turn right here and follow to the end (about a mile) turn right and the Prince of Wales is in front of you,

Now some of us are meeting round my house about 11 am and we might go for a short blast ‘cos that’s wot our Zeds are for. Let me know if you are up for it or I can make you all a cup of Rosie Lee.

The directions for my house are as follows: instead of turning right at that last turn, turn left and follow the single track lane until you come to a big green on your left, Park your Zed on the green, get out of your Zed and walk round the corner and I am the last one on the left. My postcode is CM22 6BN but you might end up in Henham if you use a GPS. Now be careful driving round this area as the wild-life is a bit on the large side. I’m not talking elephants but be careful!

status

Well-Known Forum User
For those that want to go for a short tear up round the lanes before the meet then we will go about 11 am,let me know wot you want to do,also the pub does really nice grub

smaurikid

Club Member
Room for a little one? Not sure what time - but gonna try to get there, through the monsoon if this weather continues............

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
I take it the pub is not boarded up with shutters as per Google street view?

status

Well-Known Forum User
It wasnt last night,must have been an old photo from about 4 years ago when it was shut for about 5 months so we will see you ther,and burnsie you old tart get some new knee joints put in and jon hope you r having a good holiday,where are you by the way,and there is allways room for a little one,its nice and sunny here just got back from walking the dogs,if anyone gets lost my number is 07957881997

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
I,and burnsie you old tart get some new knee joints put in 7
Looks if the right knee replacement will be some time in September as consultant is on holiday until late August
Bit that annoyed me though was MJP never had any in stock:(

smaurikid

Club Member
Well! Despite the weather (who'd have thought the Z made a good boat - even if it does leak!) that was good! Hope no one got stuck on the M11, no idea which way I went - but I did see the M11 was shut. Very good to put names to forum faces (?) and came away with a list of things I must do! So - new gearbox, fit my airbox, sort the leaky brakes, sort out the headlights - where did I put that lottery ticket?
Must try to make it to the next one. Thanks to the organisers! :thumbs:

Mr.F

Inactive
Nice turnout despite the weather and the problems with the M11 - made a nice change to the Halfway House (which some non-SEKZ regulars still attended today!).
Thanks to Status (Paul) for the arrangements and the guidance home away from the M11.

tel240z

Club Member
Yes was a good day left sunny hornchurch at 10 past 11 thinking what a perfect day for a meet, got to junction 7 m11 greeted by torrential rain and wipers on full speed followed by some scary aquaplaning at 40 mph must have been 2 inches of standing water in places, got to the venue 1st one there thought this is going to be lonely but all was good in the end and nice to put a name to a new face, yes thanks Paul for the directions back even though me and Mike had to go through a couple of floods about 10 inches deep :lol: