370Z Steering Lock recall

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Had a recall letter today. It appears that the locks are faulty on early cars (and GTRs) and this affects the Start Button and leaves the car 'dead'.

Taking mine in next Wed for replacement lock - hope it lasts until then!

Been on the internet and it seems I've been lucky, some owners have had the problem out of warranty and been asked to pay.:eek:

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
I've read that the 'fix' isn't necessarily a fix, and the problem could still happen - also apparantly some people have had replacements before this latest recall and still had the problem re-occur even though the replacement part was a higher level (engineering change)

Cougar

Active Forum User
Had a recall letter today. It appears that the locks are faulty on early cars (and GTRs) and this affects the Start Button and leaves the car 'dead'.

Taking mine in next Wed for replacement lock - hope it lasts until then!

Been on the internet and it seems I've been lucky, some owners have had the problem out of warranty and been asked to pay.:eek:

I'm out of Warranty but Westover will still replace free of charge :) :thumbs:

Paul_S

Club Member
Yes - the car's age, mileage, number of owners, etc. is all irrelevant for the Voluntary Service Campaign. Nissan have identified the steering lock as an issue and will replace it FOC with any car with revisions A to C (that includes GT-R too).

The new revision D makes a different noise than the revision C I had before but I wouldn't have said it's any louder.