370Z - MP3 Player

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
On the 370 I have an MP3 input (single jack socket). I don't have an MP3 player but thought my wife might like to buy me one.

According to the Nissan Manual the input is for an analogue signal. My car is 2009 pre 'Connect Premium' audio/nav. Please enlighten me about MP3 players and if I can get a compatible one for about £70 will it be ok?

What do I need to look for and what do I need to avoid? I don't need mega storage I just want to put about 100 mixed tracks on it.

Dale

Club Member
Any MP3 player will connect; you will also need a 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack lead.

Having a quick look at some players, I reckon the Archos Clipper will do the job. It will hold 1000 tracks and has big buttons. £20!

archos-clipper.jpg

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Got the bluetooth option on the in car ?
If so use a blue tooth connection to your phone and sod all the faffing around
You'll need A2DP streaming though

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Dale, I like the big buttons and the price!

Steve, yes got Bluetooth and phone linked-in but you'll need to explain a bit simpler please :eek:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Got the bluetooth option on the in car ?
If so use a blue tooth connection to your phone and sod all the faffing around
You'll need A2DP streaming though

Are you saying I need a phone that plays music and then just use that?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Any MP3 player will connect; you will also need a 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack lead.

Having a quick look at some players, I reckon the Archos Clipper will do the job. It will hold 1000 tracks and has big buttons. £20!

archos-clipper.jpg

Dale - my manual says I can connect any analogue device. I've looked at this and it says it's a digital player - am I getting confused?

Dale

Club Member
Dale - my manual says I can connect any analogue device. I've looked at this and it says it's a digital player - am I getting confused?

Yes Rob. The analogue comes out of the headphone socket, so a thin and discreet lead will be required that I mentioned above.

fiioL2.jpg

The bluetooth is a good idea as it's 'invisible' but i find getting your phone out, switching the bluetooth on then find the songs and starting it up a bit of a pain.

Oh and for £12, it's throw away money if you change your mind.

farstar

Well-Known Forum User
If you do go down the ipod route, the aux in will give a lower volume level so if you switch to radio, it will be really loud.

I've recently bought a Belkin iPod kit for the wifes 320d which only has an aux input and 12v charger next to each other in the armrest (no iPod prep). The beauty about the Belkin is that you get one cable that runs from the cigarette charger to the iPod and a 3.5mm jack input into the Belkin charger itself to connect to the car. There is a level on the side of the charger that lets you adjust the level of the jack output.

The result is that there is only ever one lead to the iPod and you don't blow your ears off everytime you flick between iPod, CD, radio.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Well folks I bought a 4GB device from Currys:

LOGIK L4GBMP310 mp3 Player - Black buy online | Currys

It has a screen and allows folder management.

I also bought a 3.5mm lead from a local Computer Shop (but it's too long really - couldn't find a short one Dale).

Anyway it's a bit fiddly, but works through my Bose sound system just fine and the quality is amazing.

I tried my mates iPod Classic which was superb but at £192 was more than I think I need. If I use mine a lot I might reconsider.

Thanks for the replys guys.

Mike I did try to buy the Archos off your site but it wouldn't let me past the 'basket' screen to 'checkout' :unsure: .