350z rear anti roll bar drop link play

NeilMH

Forum User
I have an advisory that says there is slight play on both sides. Am assuming it would be bushes. Looking at the components on a diagram it looks like a very easy job.

Am I missing anything?

Neil

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I was advised about rear antiroll bar play when I had my 350Z serviced. But I couldn't find any play nor could my MoT man. I did try to remove the drop-links but there was no way I could undo the nuts (and I tried really hard) so I left well alone. Passed MoT next year too!

Should be an easy fix if you can undo the nuts!

Paul_S

Club Member
The drop links are a weak point on the 350Z. I replaced mine because they creaked (I gave up regreasing them every couple of months). It is an easy job, I only had a problem undoing the top bolts on the near side.

If you are thinking of lowering the car then you can buy some upgraded drop links which are also adjustable.

Paul_S

Club Member
In the end I had to remove the top bracket and drill out the old drop link. You should be fine, just make sure you leave yourself plenty of time to do the job.

NeilMH

Forum User
Yes - while the tyres were being changed I had a quick look and I do get the impression they might not move that easily. Maybe I might do a bit of prep and carefully soak them with something first (plus gas or similar).