300ZX Z31 help and advice please

Peter 300zx

New Forum User
Hi I joined very recently I have a 1989 300ZX Z31 auto
Have to say it’s the first car that I’ve owned where people have stopped me in the street and car parks to say they like the car
I even had a lorry driver on the M25 trying to talk to me through the roof saying he liked it
It’s just failed the MOT on the handbrake capability so I’m looking to overhaul the Cali per before buying a new one
Can anyone suggest where to get good parts for them please
Also it needs a new speedo if anyone has one going?

Thanks

Peter

mrM

Club Member
hi,when you say the handbrake capability are you sure its the caliper?,could also be the cables need adjusting or worn....seizing up is also common ,.......if it is the caliper,bigg red ltd in worcester will either sort you out the parts to fix it or exchange or refurb yours

Peter 300zx

New Forum User
Hi, thanks for the response and the contact, I have confirmed it's the caliper the cable moves quite freely but the spindle and cam that activate the handbrake mechanism onto the disc calipers are very stiff and sticking.

Thanks again

Peter

Peter 300zx

New Forum User
Hi sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I've finally got the caliper sorted but havent had chance to check the speedo yet. I assumed it was a cable but I'll try to check it out this weekend and get back to you

Thanks again!